JBL Control 5 Repair
Apr 29, 2003 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DeeJayBump

500+ Head-Fier
Hello folks-

I have a pair of JBL Control 5 speakers that I bought while I was in Korea in 1991. They have blown tweeters, and have been in storage for 10 years.

I know they are nowhere near Hi-Fi as far as speakers go, but I would like to have them repaired and use them as PC speakers. Anyone here know of any places that service these old speakers for reasonable prices? Yes, BTW, I will also check with JBL, but I'm also looking for other potential sources.

Thanks for any help.

May 17, 2003 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 2
For those of you who might have JBL speakers also in need of repair or replacement drivers, the following might be of interest.

In my travels on the 'net looking to get my Control 5s back in working order, I found a place online that has drop-in replacement drivers & components for JBL speakers for fantastic prices. The place is called Orange County Speaker. the replacement drivers for my JBLs are genuine JBL drivers for far less than other places sell them for. They are not listed on the webpage, but if you contact them via email, they will let you know what they have.

http://speakerrepair.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back