JBL Control 1 Pro Vs. Klipsch RB-10 for 2.0 TV set-up in small room
Sep 11, 2009 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

_j_

100+ Head-Fier
I really get into headphones, but am a n00b when it comes to speakers... perhaps someone here can give me some kind advice?

I am looking for a simple stereo 2.0 bookshelf speaker set up for my television/entertainment system.

The room the speakers will be in is 11 deep x 15 wide.
I only want a 2.0 system as a subwoofer will be too much noise for my small condo.

I was considering 2 of the smallest bookshelf speakers I can find:

- JBL Control 1 Pro
JBL :: Product

- Klipsch RB-10 Bookshelf Speaker
RB-10 Bookshelf Speaker - RB-10 --- Bookshelf Loudspeaker, Klipsch Reference Series - Specifications

I have researched these 2 speakers a lot as they meet pretty much all of my space requirements, but in terms of quality has anyone ever been able to compare these 2 speakers back-to-back?

Anyone have experience with either of these models and how they compare and contrast?

Would either one of these sound better than the other without a sub-woofer?

Know of a better competitor at this size and price point?

Any other thoughts are welcome on what I am trying to do with my set-up as well.

Thanks for any opinions!

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 2
With speakers that size and no sub, your system will be severely lacking in the bass department. I'm sure the klipsch are good, but I always thought the RB-10s were too expensive for their size. Look into the Energy CB-20 maybe, they are pretty small(12.2h x 7.6w x9.1d) despite the fact that they have 6.5" woofers. They also happen to be cheaper. They should at least give you some half decent bass on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back