JBL 220s $64 @ Staples
Mar 7, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr. John /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just in case anyone is looking for these, here's a $15 off $75 coupon. Click on the $15 Coupon tab on the Staples banner ad (lower right of screen).

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~tatha...0MSNBC.com.htm

In store only.

not as good as that one day sale a couple weeks ago, but nevertheless, a good deal
cool.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 13
my brother just bought these off staples a coupe days ago online for $80 and received them today.

they sound bad to me for the brief moment I've used them but I've heard there much better after burn in.

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my brother just bought these off staples a coupe days ago online for $80 and received them today.

they sound bad to me for the brief moment I've used them but I've heard there much better after burn in.

What are you comparing them to? I'm looking at them to replace CX300s not Shures or Etys.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Without knowing what "they sound bad to me" specifically means, my guess is that you didn't get a good seal or they weren't inserted far enough. Good sound requires a proper fit. (same has been reported with the V-Moda Vibes) I'm experimenting with different tips right now. I'm partial to foamies so that's what I'm trying out. Others have reported using bi- or tri-flanges with success also.

lt.milo--I don't own one, but based on the dimensions listed on the website, the Zune should fit perfectly. In fact, it matches up so well it almost seems like that's what it was made for. (again, based on measurements only)

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #7 of 13
Good coupon deal. However, at the end of January the closest Staples store to me (Spokane WA) didn't seem to be carrying the JBL 220. Staff didn't seem to know either.

Steve

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeZ5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good coupon deal. However, at the end of January the closest Staples store to me (Spokane WA) didn't seem to be carrying the JBL 220. Staff didn't seem to know either.

Steve

Good point. Mine doesn't carry it either. However, I called the local store and they claimed I could order it at the store and use the coupon since I would be in the store ordering. Not sure if this incurs shipping or not. If it does I may hold off, it's hard for me to pay more when I know there was a $49 deal not long ago.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Good point. Mine doesn't carry it either. However, I called the local store and they claimed I could order it at the store and use the coupon since I would be in the store ordering. Not sure if this incurs shipping or not. If it does I may hold off, it's hard for me to pay more when I know there was a $49 deal not long ago.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately a 2+ hour drive each way to the store. Not going to happen unless another need for the drive. Probably going to order Vibes sometime soon.

Steve

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

mine were ordered at the local store during the one-day sale. you can use the in-store coupon...they charge you shipping and it goes direct to your place. i think shipping ended up around $6-7.

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 13
Might want to wait til tomorrow. Staples has Friday-only sales every week. That's how folks were buying them so cheap a couple weeks ago. No guarantee they'll be on sale but it might not hurt to wait a day and find out.

Also, I believe people were finding Staples coupons on eBay. Might want to check that out, too.

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 13
I have been to 3 or 4 different Staples and I don't think they carry the JBL 220's in-store near me. They have the 210 and the AKG K24p (or is it 26) clones. I did bring the coupon to a store and ordered it there at the Kiosk for home delivery and the in-store only coupon did work. I was a little unsure because the guy ahead of me had a coupon from MSN and it was denied. Still kicking myself that i missed that Friday deal a few weeks back.
mad.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might want to wait til tomorrow. Staples has Friday-only sales every week. That's how folks were buying them so cheap a couple weeks ago. No guarantee they'll be on sale but it might not hurt to wait a day and find out.

Also, I believe people were finding Staples coupons on eBay. Might want to check that out, too.

doh, skullcandy headphones on sale this week. lol
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back