Jays foam tips discontinued, is this the Truth?
Jan 18, 2012 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Angelopsaro

500+ Head-Fier
Some of us have praised these nice foamies made by JAYS and included in many of their models and how the dont affect sound like comply foam tips. I wanted to learn some more shops who sell them and why it seems that generally its so hard to get them so i contacted Jays.
They replied to me and their answer was that COMPLY forced them to stop production because they have some kind of pattent related to foam tips.. 
If this is true, I am disappointed that companies like Comply which pretents friendly and people-oriented (by giveaways and freebies) while actually plays the dirty pattent game like big companies eg Apple and Microsoft. This affects the final consumer like us.

from comply website
"An inventor with a PhD in biochemistry from Iowa State University, Dr. Oliveira holds 15 patents and is an expert on the human ear canal. "

I guess some people discover special and general relativity, others "invent" foam and have 15 patents to force others out of similar ideas and others sit here and write about these stuff. Time to go study for my exams..

EDIT: the strange thing is that Jays very often suggest you buy comply tips.. like this link here
I wouldnt be so willing to do that if they threaten me with their pattents.

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 3
Would love to see the patents, will go search!

I wonder of shure pays royalties? Or anyone else who uses foam at that.
If there can be patents on foam, why not silicone or hybrid tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back