Jay's A-Jays Four
Dec 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hanglee65

New Head-Fier
Hello there, 

Anybody here in the USA owns a pair of these in-ear, iOS  headsets? 

They are very hard to find, but fortunately, Newbury Comics in Harvard Sq.had 4 pairs. These are primo headset with a rubberized, flat, insulated cord with closely-matched 8.6 mm driver. The results is a very balanced l/r channel, and the sound is very gorgeous throughout the frequency range. The highs especially are a signature, because you can distinguish the sounds of various percussive cymbals. voices are reproduced fluidly, esp. natural, female  vocals  The bass does not dominate too much, but it's there, with a drive and rhythm without excess or the drowning out of the all-important midrange. There is also a user-friendly 3-button control that works well with iOS devices, a right-angled, silvered plug, and a flat, tangled-free cord. The A-Jay Fours come in two colors: black and white. All for a suggested retail price of $70 USD.      

Overall Sound Quality: 5 stars.           

Music Used: Velvet Revolver, Rush's Time Machine Tour Live in Cleveland, Lady Gaga's Born This Way CD. Empire Brass Quintet and Michael Murray, Rolf Smedvig and M. Murray's Ceremonial  Music for Trumpet and and Organ, Opera Arias, and Mozart's Requiem on Telarc.      

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 7
Not from the US, but owned it for about a week before deciding to sell it. Sound and all was great but just couldn't get a good fit (always hurt after 10min or so). 

May 6, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #5 of 7
having a serious dilemma whether to buy a jays three or four ! pleaseee help me DD;; which one should i buy sound quality - wise ? four sounds good to me but doesnt come with the accessories three has ! and i havent tried three yet ! please help me DD;;

May 6, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
having a serious dilemma whether to buy a jays three or four ! pleaseee help me DD;; which one should i buy sound quality - wise ? four sounds good to me but doesnt come with the accessories three has ! and i havent tried three yet ! please help me DD;;

In response to your other two posts in other threads:

Quote:
The a-Jays Three and Four are essentially the same. The only difference is that Four has an in-line mic and volume control, whereas the Three doesn't have this.

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #7 of 7
Hi, I have been an owner of A-Jays four and I liked their sound but didnt like the fit, now Im getting a new pair of in ears but decided to look around for an alternative pair. Why? mainly because the flat cable and relativly small housing makes them fall out of my ear whenever I move around (walking faster than average etc).

Matte from Sweden

Users who are viewing this thread

Back