JayBird - X2 Wireless Earbud Headphones
Aug 2, 2015 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Seismic

New Head-Fier
Just saw this on the Best Buy website. I wonder if the X2s will sound different from the Bluebuds X? Jaybird doesn't have a lot of information on their website but Best Buy lists them as having 10mm drivers as opposed to the 6mm drivers of the Bluebuds X. These also seem to come in many more colors than the original Xs. The Bluebuds X are by far my favorite wireless IEMs purely because of sound. Jaybird tuned the them very well and I'm hoping they do the same with these. I read somewhere that increasing the driver size in IEMs past 6mm will increase bass output but impact the quality of the treble. Hopefully Jaybird does some magic here and makes these just as awesome as the originals.

Specs listed:

Earbud design
Along with PureSound technology directs music into your ears for clear, crisp audio.
10mm drivers
Deliver powerful sound.
Shift Bluetooth interface
Allows you to pair your cell phone or MP3 player for wireless streaming. SignalPlus technology offers uninterrupted audio performance.
Comply sport foam ear tips
Fit comfortably for extended wear during outdoor activities. X-Fit technology provides secure over- and under-ear fit options.
Rechargeable battery
Offers hours of music playback on a full charge.
Sweatproof design
Enables safe active use.

BestBuy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/jaybird-x2-wireless-earbud-headphones-midnight/4202500.p?id=1219706547183&skuId=4202500

Jaybird
http://www.jaybirdsport.com/shop/product/X2/

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 15
I am curious too, I just got the x and if the x2 are better I'll send the x back and go with new stock.

I'm going to see if I can pick up a pair and try them out, a BB not too far away has them in stock. This is Jaybird's response to my question. Let's see how "premium" the sound has really been made. I'm still super happy with my Bluebuds X so if there isn't a big change, I may not keep the X2s. I was under the impression that the Bluebuds had a 6mm driver, glad they set me straight :)

Aug 4, 5:21 PM

The X2 has a 10mm driver - same as the BluebudX's. The sound profile on the X2 has been changed quite a bit giving them a more pure premium sound than the Bluebud's possessed.

Thanks for the inquiry!
Jaybird Support

Aug 8, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 15

I've had the bluebuds x and I went impulsively went to grab these badboys. First off, I love the matte black color on the earbuds and the case. The case itself is nice too, being built to resist more wear and tear and to be more portable. I love the option that they give us foam ear tips. Personally they are more comfy for me. They also feel like they don't isolate noise as well as the silicone ear tips but I don't mind because that allows me to hear what's going around me more in any situation. I also feel like the mic picks up way better than the previous generation, which was always a hassle for me especially since it didn't work that often, requiring to change the orientation of how I wear my earbuds (I like over-ear) or just simply taking them off if that was still not enough. In the sound department, it is very similar to the first gen earbuds. The x2 sound feels like it only varies depending on what type ear tip you use, the silicone adds to the bass by just a tad amount.

I recommend these guys for some great quality listening while being active or just don't want the fuss with wires.If you have the bluebuds x and are thinking to jumping to the x2, don't expect much of a difference when it comes to sound quality. I'm giving my bluebuds x to my mom or dad since they like it alot and keeping the x2s for myself!

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 15
My wife just got these on Black Friday.
I was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality and comfort.

Have yet to take it for running but decent enough for daily commute listening

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 15
I've been using the X for a a long time while working out, and I like them quite a but. Had to get Comply tips for comfort, but I have those for all my IEMs.

Now I hear the X3 ($150) is announced! Has a cool feature to allow you to store an Eq profile on the buds.

Also, lots of buzz over the new 2015 Jaybird Freedom ($200). The Freedom has a clip on battery pack / charger for 4 extra hours.

9 to 5 macs says "planned for release in the second quarter of this year"

Lots of good info here: http://9to5mac.com/2016/01/05/jaybird-freedom-x3-bluetooth-4-0-athletic-headphones/

May 25, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #8 of 15
The Freedom has been released. Just got a pair and their very nice.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #9 of 15
Is there a noticeable difference between the Freedom and X2?  I recently picked up the X2's at Wally World for like $115 in black.  None of the tips worked that great for me, but after performing my DIY eartip swap with my Etymotic ER20's, I've got a great seal and thunderous bass!

Regards,
Jeff

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 15
Is there a noticeable difference between the Freedom and X2?  I recently picked up the X2's at Wally World for like $115 in black.  None of the tips worked that great for me, but after performing my DIY eartip swap with my Etymotic ER20's, I've got a great seal and thunderous bass!

Regards,
Jeff

Most people dump the included tips and use comply tips.

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 15
Allan,

Thanks. I've never been a comply fam. Aren't the foam ones included with the Jaybirds comply ones anyway? Either way, none of them are large enough for my evidently cavernous ear canals. :grin: Please let me know if my understanding was incorrect.

Thanks,
Jeff

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #13 of 15
I use comply large. I'm not sure what size is included with the IEMs. Sorry.

Allan,

Thanks.  There were 3 sizes included with the Jaybird X2's, S/M/L.  I used the Etymotic flanges for a couple workouts over the weekend, but I just couldn't get a sufficient seal even with them... and they also were painful as heck.  So I did pop the included Comply Large size back on and they are not awful.  I still think I could do with an XL (if they made such a thing).  Thanks!

Regards,
Jeff

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #14 of 15
I use comply large. I'm not sure what size is included with the IEMs. Sorry.

Allan,

Thanks.  There were 3 sizes included with the Jaybird X2's, S/M/L.  I used the Etymotic flanges for a couple workouts over the weekend, but I just couldn't get a sufficient seal even with them... and they also were painful as heck.  So I did pop the included Comply Large size back on and they are not awful.  I still think I could do with an XL (if they made such a thing).  Thanks!

Regards,
Jeff

They probably include the cylindrical isolation comply tips. Try the more round comfort tips.

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #15 of 15
I just got a pair of these and I'm amazed at how great they sound. They have an extremely detailed sound without being grainy or overly warm or muddy. Soundstage is pretty darn good. I usually test out IEM's soundstages by playing some games with them and seeing if I feel claustrophobic and I didn't get that feeling at all. Not as big as headphones but still very good. 

If I had to give it one knock it's the sub bass doesn't extend very low. It could either be a limitation of BT or the in ears themselves but around 50hz the bass boost doesn't do anything around 50hz and below. 60hz adds plenty of punch but they are already punchy without needing it imo. 

I tried a few tips and for now I'm liking the comfort comply tips. Only tried the silicone included tips and they fit well but I seem to get a better fit with comply. 

For anyone considering these they are an incredible deal at $79 from the big website that you'd look for these except for the black... I got the green and they look decent. For half the price I can live with green over my preferred black. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back