Jaybird BlueBuds X Question?
Aug 21, 2013 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fade2black101

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, my first post here :)

I picked up a pair of these earphones yesterday and while they work great with my Galaxy Note II, my main intention was to use them with my Cowon J3.  To my horror I discovered the bluetooth quality on the Cowon is not up to much and sounds like 64kb MP3 so I have decided to purchase the Jaybird uSport Bluetooth Adapter which should hopefully alleviate these problems.

My question is I can't seem to get a straight answer of whether these earphones utilize the APT-X bluetooth quality that the adapter will provide.  From what I have gathered, these buds use this "Shift" technology which Jaybird have created, but this seems to be based on the standard bluetooth protocol.  My question is whether this "Shift" feature is comparable to APT-X.  The earphones seem very highly regarded so it seems unfatomable that the quality would be worse than ones that have APT-X support.

Google doesn't seem to give a clear answer on this or on whether shift is better or worse that APT-X. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 6
I am not quite sure about that but I recently purchased a pair and they sound excellent on my nexus 7 but on my HTC One they sound like a 128kbps mp3....

Anyone know why? Sorry for going off topic and interrupting lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 6
That's very strange indeed because one would assume that your HTC One, much like my Galaxy Note II, One S and One X should be able to output APT-X bluetooth in an almost lossless quality.  There doesn't seem to be a logical reason why it would sound bad on your HTC One whereas I know the reason why it sounds like crap on my Cowon.

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 6
I ended up returning them. I realized I only used them for podcasts, does anyone know of a good budge pair for just podcasts and audio books that would work decent? I loved the wireless ability it's amazing I'll miss it..

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 6
I ended up returning them. I realized I only used them for podcasts, does anyone know of a good budge pair for just podcasts and audio books that would work decent? I loved the wireless ability it's amazing I'll miss it..

Supposedly the Plantronics backbeat go 2 are decent but I personally do love the jaybird Bluebud x. I do use the Samsung galaxy s4 and sound good from what I can tell

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 6
i just received a pair. i thought their fit kit was pretty lame. had a very difficult time getting them to fit well. i think doing it over the ear is nearly impossible. i tried for 30min in front of a mirror trying to find some combination that would work for over the ear and it was a no go. 

i took them to gym. had a mostly good experience. i wish the seal was stronger and they sound thin and bass shy. but for having no cable and not falling out on 30in box jumps they aren't bad. its clear to me that if their fit kit was better that they'd be more popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back