Jaybird Bluebuds X bluetooth IEM's
Mar 15, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #61 of 78
Hi ZMan2k2, 

I as well am thinking of buying these very very soon (as of tomorrow and the next) as a working out pair of earphones and I just wanted to know how much do these stick out of your ears and how easily is it to put them in and out of your ears as I usually take them out at the end of every set for a breather.

From first glance the white storm trooper look intrigued me+ I like to think I like to choose something different than everyone else. However I'm also considering the black pair because from reviews from youtube a lot of people have the black pair. So I'm wondering on whether the black pair looks more "expensive" as the white pair in person. Choosing what colour is important to me, I have small ears and even though I like the white&black look, I'm not too sure on how obvious/big these will look sticking out of my ears..

thanks in advance!! ^_^   

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #62 of 78
If you have small ears, I would recommend getting the matching small Comply tips...And they do stick out a fair amount. This review has a picture of a guy post-workout sweating his face off... And shows how much they stick out. As for white or black, do a simple google image search and see which you like more. At this board, whether a pair looks "expensive" or not doesn't matter. We're all about the sound quality. And these have superb sound quality.

Seriously though, spring for the comply tips. They're way better with them.

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #63 of 78
If you have small ears, I would recommend getting the matching small Comply tips...And they do stick out a fair amount. This review has a picture of a guy post-workout sweating his face off... And shows how much they stick out. As for white or black, do a simple google image search and see which you like more. At this board, whether a pair looks "expensive" or not doesn't matter. We're all about the sound quality. And these have superb sound quality.

Seriously though, spring for the comply tips. They're way better with them.

Thank you for that info batteraziiz,
I have a few workout buddies and we often help each other out and I often take my buds out inbetween sets for a breather. So I think the comply tips would be a pain to put in and out of my ears, it would be good if I were working out by myself tho.
I know that some head-fi people are all about sq over aesthetics (it could look as ugly as **** but if it sounds Amazing, people wouldn't care) I'm just curious in what colour would make me less of a cyborg. haha.

May 12, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #64 of 78
Had the Bluebuds X for over a year now. About a month ago they started cutting out the sound for a split second every other song. Not a big issue but it's getting more and more irritating. The online chat support is wonderful, although unfortunately the recommended reset procedure did not help. I'm way outside of US so shipping them back and forth is probably not what I'm going to do. It's quite a shame that such product doesn't have an upgradeable firmware. I think the problem could've been solved with it. 

The comply foams make quite a difference both in quality of sound and isolation. If you're doing sports (that's why you probably got the BBX in the first place), the Active series are the way to go. Although you should keep your ears clean before wearing the headphones, because the crap in your ears gets into the bluebuds and causes severe volume drop over some time (a bit of a pain to clean too). The isolation series can still be used for sports. They provide better sound quality + have residue protection screen. But they are more water resistant causing them to slip out more than the active series. 

I will be trying more reset procedures + changing the OS on my phone to see if I can get rid of the problem. I still think it's a good product even if it lasted me a year. 

However, I would love to hear some suggestions about an alternative. Is there anything better for sound quality than these? I'm looking for something with more bass. 

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #67 of 78
  so i'm thinking about getting a pair of these or other BT for gym/outdoor use.  has anyone really had a problem with these and is there a better option out there?  Don't really need the best sq, i have my other iem's and cans for that. 

I've owned the Jaybird blubuds X earphones for the gym for quite a while and first hand I find them to be the best bluetooth earphone period for the gym. 

The only issue I personally had was that it would turn off sometimes without a voice command before hand saying battery is going low so I'm getting them replaced. Other than that I find them to be super durable and the sq is top notch for bluetooth pair of earphones.  

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #68 of 78
Well I got to try these out from a friend last night who let me borrow her set for the gym. My current BT set right now is the old LG HBS-700. Have had it since 2011. Still going strong, except one of the speaker covers have fallen off and the buds def need to be replaced as they constantly fall off and I have to position them a certain way to hear the sound correctly. Another problem I have with them is when I do chest that deals with any flat benching. The headset falls off and I have to reposition it. So I was trying to find a better/lighter alternative for this problem so it would not do that anymore. This is where the Jaybirds come in. 

First impressions are they are very light and very pleasing to the eye compared to my LG's. So moving on and I get them all paired to my phone. Sound compared to the LGs are pretty much the same (need to get those TX-500 buds as I heard they make them sound much better.) So that wasn't really a deal breaker for me. Now finally at the gym and I have them on. One of the first problems that I had from them was having one bud in and the other dangling. When you turn your head it wants to pull the other out of your ear. Very ANNOYING. So I tried wrapping the buds around the top of my ear then into the ear. Seemed to fit better but I would still get the pull when turning my head. I workout with a gym buddy so I constantly take out one bud so I can hear what he says, etc. Well the pulling was still there and I could not stand it. Not looking good for the Jaybirds. My LGs never did this. So I then started getting creative and thinking outside the box. Since I wear a hat 99% of the time to the gym I discovered that I can run the wire over my head and then put my hat on and have the buds dangle out each side. Well come to find out it worked PERFECT! I could then wrap the wire behind the top of the ear and into the canal. The other side the same, but mostly left it out so I could talk with my gym buddy. I did notice that after some sweating the buds tend to slip out of the canal easier. Another reason I am going to buy the foam inserts if I go with the new Bluebuds. 

All in all I give them a 7/10 for design. 6/10 for comfort due to the pulling when head turning and a 8/10 for sound as they do noise cancel as well. 

May 4, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #69 of 78
My pair seems to have really bad driver flex on the remote side, can hear it when inserting the IEM's. The other side is fine. Is this normal?

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #72 of 78
It's the same model as the Bluebuds X but with new colors it seems. The specs are the same like Bluetooth version (2.1) , frequency response and etc

According to the blurb, they changed other things. But yes, it's weird that they should claim to have doubled the battery life when in fact it's stayed the same.

Still, I don't want to believe they'd call it a new model if they only added colors. That'd be dishonest.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #73 of 78
It's the same model as the Bluebuds X but with new colors it seems. The specs are the same like Bluetooth version (2.1) , frequency response and etc

According to the blurb, they changed other things. But yes, it's weird that they should state to have doubled the battery life when in fact it's stayed the same.

Still, I don't want to believe they'd call it a new model if they only added colors. That'd be dishonest.

When you get down to it jaybird is a consumer focused company for the general consumer not for audiophiles so sound quality is second to what they are selling these for. The sound is actually pretty good for Bluetooth though. I highly doubt they changed the speakers in these but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back