Jaybird Bluebuds X bluetooth IEM's
Dec 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #31 of 78
Well, this is troubling - they don't switch. So, unless I'm reading something wrong, they're expecting us to switch out R and L, depending on the orientation with which we wear these. :eek:

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #32 of 78
I actually keep the left and right positioning, with the controls right behind my right ear. At first, the buttons were facing the wrong way (i.e. pointing inwards), but I just twisted thecable, and now it works a peach. I can easily reach back to adjust volume, skip track, etc.

As for the fit, I haven’t noticed any discomfort. They do poke out a bit, but then they’re pretty big to begin with.

These are my favourite commute in-ears, even over and above my 1964 customs ...

Dec 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #34 of 78
Wow. Didn't realize this thread was still going. I use them under ear, but may try over ear and see if I like that better. I find the cable moves to one side of my head and I have to readjust it from time to time. I've just left the BT volume all the way up on my phone, so I assume it controls the amp in the headphones for volume. I am loving them with streaming radio and comply tx500 tips. They are my goto's for work for sure

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #35 of 78
So, I've used the cord winding things, whatever they're called, and set my Jaybirds up so that I can use them under ear, but the cord doesn't get moved around anymore.  So I don't have to keep moving the cable from side to side, and they are nice and tight.  Works great.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #36 of 78
After a lot of looking around, I tried a pair of these several weeks back. Quite pleasantly surprised. I had wanted something aptX and IEM, but didn't want a dongle. (I've had a HS3000 for a while.) This wasn't aptX, but has its own alternative which is quite good. I am impressed that there is no BT hiss like HS3000 and other aptx things I have tried exhibit.

I'm 6'6", so the size was not as big a deal for me. If you are 5'1" and female, I could see how they might be too large for your ears. I got T500s and fits fine without the wings.

You won't confuse these with detail IEMs, but at the same time they are better than a lot of things some call good. A year from now, I expect there will be a lot more competition. But for now, for the gym, they're a keeper.

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #37 of 78
I decided to buy some Jaybird Bluebuds X's too and took delivery yesterday. I haven't really used premium / expensive earphones before but I am so glad that I chose these after doing some online researching.

My main reason for these are for the gym and with them being wireless it's going to be a treat and one less thing to worry about.

Reading through this and other threads it seems I have chosen the right time to buy some Bluetooth earphones as others have a background noise which some people have reported.

I don't have one bad thing to say at these Jaybird earphones. Great comfort, great sound and great battery life.

Even if they last me a year (I expect longer) they'd still be worth the money.

Jan 1, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #39 of 78
@AladdinSane Yes I keep seeing the mention of those in Jaybird threads. I may leave it a week or two and then decide if I should get some.

Deep down I know I will eventually get some.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #40 of 78
Bad part about that is you'll start getting them for all your IEMs 'cuz if they help one pair why not another? Oy!

Mine are actually not getting much canal time lately since I got the DX50 (no Bluetooth) a few weeks ago.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #43 of 78
After weeks of indecision, I finally caved and ordered a set of these yesterday from the Jaybird site... I'm sick of wires when I walk to and from work. Let's hope they sound good with my Galaxy S4.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #44 of 78
  After weeks of indecision, I finally caved and ordered a set of these yesterday from the Jaybird site... I'm sick of wires when I walk to and from work. Let's hope they sound good with my Galaxy S4.

At least, I can tell you they've got great customer service. Too bad the replacement BBX I've recently received suffers from a strong case of driver flex. Driver flex is something I'd already experienced with other dynamic earphones, but only when I inserted them. The two first BBX I had had no driver flex at all, not that I can remember; this one has a driver flex on the right side strong enough that it twangs (it makes the sound you get from plucking a stretched rubber band) when I yawn or speak or munch. 

Sound-wise, I don't think you'll be disappointed, either. I'm using my 4.A at home, with my DACport, but I don't feel like I'm falling from heaven when I switch to the BBX each time I leave the apartment. I own two other BT stereo headsets and tried a couple more, and BBX is the only one that's been able to keep me satisfied.

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #45 of 78
Anyone have issues with interference/static? At the gym, I sometimes get 5-10 seconds of nasty static. (GS3 I9300 as source) I've got it both with Neutron and Poweramp. Have never heard it anyplace else.

In general, I am liking them less and less the longer I have them. Don't know of another good BT option though. I would really like to stay in-ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back