Jay Z To Buy Tidal For $56M?
Jan 30, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #16 of 150

Hmmm...well then if streaming is the future what will become of our DAP's like my Fiio X5? Will we need to find ways of using streaming with our awesome amps like the fiio e12 I have like plugging the e12 to my smartphone (which I probably won't do...)? or is there already a way? what do you do?

Most modern phones allow you to bypass the internal DAC for a straight output to external DAC and then amplifier. Or to a DAC & amp combo. I very, very occasionally use my Note III to do just that.

ok...so from on what your saying I should get a dac/amp combo like the JDS labs O2+DAC and I should be fine. I speaking of portability of course.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #17 of 150
ok...so from on what your saying I should get a dac/amp combo like the JDS labs O2+DAC and I should be fine. I speaking of portability of course.

That's right, i was using my Bifrost Uber and Lyr 2 not more than 20 minutes ago with my Note III. My surge protector has blown on my PC and i need to buy another, but for the rest of the evening streaming Tidal via USB on my phone will suffice. :)

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #18 of 150
If Spotify goes lossless in the future, that will be it for me. Loving Spotify's music selection and navigation on all devices. Rock solid performance.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #20 of 150
I loved my trial with Tidal, but it was too demanding, apparently, of our internet service (verizon fios). Music dropouts and interruptions when doing anything on the computer other than streaming Tidal. No problem with Spotify, however. Do I have to buy a higher tier of broadband service?

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #21 of 150

Quote:

...which suggests to me that a sale looks more likely than not.

EDIT:   Or that other suitors will come to the table......................or that Tidal does nothing and holds out for a few years.

OOPs should have read the NYT article first.  Seems like a more than likely deal since board has pre-approved.  Then again somebody may come in at the last moment.

Thanks for the heads up Jude.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #22 of 150
Yes, let's fuxate the one corner of the music industry that hasn't been completely taken over by philistines.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #25 of 150
What exactly do you guys have against Jay-Z? Know him personally?
Yes, let's fuxate the one corner of the music industry that hasn't been completely taken over by philistines.

Was interested, but if J 'Z is involved, absolutely not, no thank you!

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #26 of 150
I've been very happy with Tidal very happy with the quality. They have had growing pains, but Tidal's redbook quality has kept me from feeling the need to buy quite a bit of music. So I consider its price to be a bargain.  After seeing what beats did to MOG I am not at all happy with this prospect.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #28 of 150
There is no comparison IMO. Tidal wins by a landslide in terms of sound quality. Spotify is better on price and user interface.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #29 of 150
  I've been very happy with Tidal very happy with the quality. They have had growing pains, but Tidal's redbook quality has kept me from feeling the need to buy quite a bit of music. So I consider its price to be a bargain.  After seeing what beats did to MOG I am not at all happy with this prospect.

My thoughts exactly. I loved MOG even at 320kbps before Beats destroyed it, and I have a suspicion TIDAL will be down the same path now.  I can already see the weekly editorial playlists shifting to rap/hip hop that's probably poorly recorded in the first placed. My hope is that someday Spotify will finally stream lossless and I'll be able to forget about my favorite music service being taken over every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back