Java Programming help... 60 page portfolio due in a few hours! =[
May 12, 2009 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SayNoToPistons

500+ Head-Fier
So I need to turn in a 60 page portfolio as a final in a few hours. I have trouble running my programs that I have made in class. This is my first time using jcreator on my home computer because I usually develop basic programs at school on school lab computers that come with jcreator and everything set up.

I downloaded jcreator pro and also downloaded jcreater LE. I click new project and all that good stuff and I have a blank space to work with. I copied and pasted a program that works perfectly fine:

public class Welcome {

public static void main(String[] args){
System.out.println("Welcome to Java");
}

}

I click run and a window pops up. "Set Runtime Configuration". There are tabs with "Run Application" "Run Applet" and "Run Debugger". I haven't seen this thing before so I just click "OK".

A new window pops up, it says "JDK Profile Configuration Wizard". "In Order to run jcreator successfully. You need a recent version of JDK installed in your system. ETC"

I click "NEXT" and "FINISH" and I'm back to my sheet with my program that didn't run. What exactly am I missing to make this run normally?

May 12, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 4
Do you have a JDK installed? You'll likely want the JDK 6 Update 13.

Never used jcreator though, so I can't offer help otherwise. Sorry.

Edit: Try selecting "Run Application" as your runtime config.

May 12, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks, ill give Jdk a try

May 12, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 4
No problem- the JDK (Java Development Kit) provides needed support structure not included with Java IDEs such as a Java compiler, javadoc tools, etc. The JRE (Java Runtime Environment) only contains the tools and libraries to execute Java code that's already been compiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back