January Northern California Meet
Jan 18, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
I would come if someone else from LA would be willing to take me along with them
biggrin.gif
Just ask Neil or Gpalmer as to how much I added to the LA meet trip
biggrin.gif

You sure did liven up the van Peter! It was an excellent trip all the way around...

Jan 20, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #19 of 41
Depending on the date, I'd be interested.

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #21 of 41
depending on the date, i'll be interested. but odds are, i won't make it

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #22 of 41
I would like to attend, if the venue, date and time are good for me. I could bring a prototype of the M³ amplifier and some other stuff if there is interest.

Jan 25, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #23 of 41
I have a Rudistor RP5cav on its way from Italy! I'm sure many of you would be interested to hear it.
eggosmile.gif

Just curious. I have a relative that owns a Pearl Milk Tea place in downtown San Mateo. She has a space upstairs that we could rent for one afternoon. Would people object paying something like $5 to $10 plus buying a drink (hot tea, coffee, pearl milk tea, etc.). If not, I could give her a call and see if she would let us use the place.

Oh, and they sell food too, just in case somebody gets hungry.

Jan 25, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam91
I have a Rudistor RP5cav on its way from Italy! I'm sure many of you would be interested to hear it.
eggosmile.gif

Just curious. I have a relative that owns a Pearl Milk Tea place in downtown San Mateo. She has a space upstairs that we could rent for one afternoon. Would people object paying something like $5 to $10 plus buying a drink (hot tea, coffee, pearl milk tea, etc.). If not, I could give her a call and see if she would let us use the place.

Oh, and they sell food too, just in case somebody gets hungry.

sounds good to me... San Mateo is not exactly right the corner for the
Berkeley contingent but if the date is right I'll came (and bring my new Onyx XCD-88 if I get it in time). Does you relative have enough plugs
tongue.gif
?

Jan 25, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by calaf
Does you relative have enough plugs
tongue.gif
?

Commercial buildings usually have 20amp circuits. It can handle more loads than the regular 15amp circuits in residential construction. So, you can add a few outlet strips to each without any problem. But I will check the next time I go up and visit, and ask her if she's willing to rent out the space for an afternoon.

Jan 25, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #27 of 41
One yes vote here -- downtown San Mateo is the one meet I might be able to make it to, since I'm working lots of weekend hours in San Mateo these days.

It seems to me that it's really a pretty good location: for the East Bay people it's convenient to one of the bridges, for the SF and South Bay folks it's convenient to the usual freeways, and you can get there by Caltrain. (It's not too easy for the North Bay folks, but arguably they could do a lot worse too.) All that and pearl tea too.

Jan 28, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #29 of 41
Feb 19, 26, or March 5 works for me. Right after that, it's the March Madness (college hoops) Go Illini! We are undisputed #1. The last time they reach final four, I was just a freshman. It's been a long time!

I will try to check out the place and ask my cousin to see if it is doable at her place. FYI, it's upstairs and no elevators, so you will have to carry all your gears up and down a flight of stairs.

Jan 28, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam91
Feb 19, 26, or March 5 works for me

of these dates Feb 19 in the early afternoon would work best for me (although I would be on my way to the airport so I could not bring too much gear along).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back