Jan Meier Lite Crossfeed?
Apr 24, 2004 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
i just built one of this
http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/x-feed.htm

but it dosn't seem to work, there is no crossfeed and left is softer than right.

does this design even work?

I assure you it works Kenny, PM me.

Mike.

PS: did you incorporate a 1nF capacitor in parallel with the 2K resistor ? I haven't tried that yet but if you have fitted the 1nF cap then ensure it is in parallel with the 2K resistor and not in place of the 2k resistor (the 2k resistor must remain)

Apr 24, 2004 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 5
Pinky, as I said in the original post about this, I think you've got the 1.5nF capacitor in the wrong place. In Jan's schematic, it's not in parallel with the 2K resistor, it connects directly input to output, ie bypassing the whole crossfeed network. It's there to stop really high frequencies affecting the operation of the crossfeed. He's not sure how, but thinks it's something to do with the capacitance of the connecting cables

g

Apr 24, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 5
hm.. after i found it did not work, i removed the 2.2nF cap i had in parallel and same thing happend.

I might do a complete rebulid and see what was wrong

Apr 24, 2004 at 1:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzzler
Pinky, as I said in the original post about this, I think you've got the 1.5nF capacitor in the wrong place. In Jan's schematic, it's not in parallel with the 2K resistor, it connects directly input to output, ie bypassing the whole crossfeed network. It's there to stop really high frequencies affecting the operation of the crossfeed. He's not sure how, but thinks it's something to do with the capacitance of the connecting cables

g

I dunno Guzzler, I haven't tried the 1.5nF cap as the crossfeed sounded excellent without it..... I'll remove all reference to it from those instructions to simplify matters.

Anyone wanting to use one can follow the schematic at Jans site
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back