Jamo E 680 Speakers...Any good?
Jun 15, 2006 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

B-side J

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade my loudspeakers and found these a local store on clearence for $599 CAD (reg $899). I listend to them for a few minutes and the sounded pretty good in the room, but they weren't in a optimal location and the room was tiny, so I can't really gauge how they would be at home. I compared them to a pair of Klispch RF-15 ($250 each) in the same room and liked the Jamos more.

Does anyone have any experiance with these? Is there something better I should look for in the same price range (<$1000)?

Right now I'm using som 15 year old Kenwoods that sound like mud...well they are ok but not my audiophile standards.

Mainly I'm looking for something with tight bass (no sub with this system), and really smooth mids.

I dont care about brand or looks, but a wood finish is a plus.

Thanks,

JB

Jun 15, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 2
Personally, as you live in Canada, I would suggest checking canuckaudiomart.com to look for some used speakers. The people in the forums seem to be pretty biased much of the time, but it makes sense to buy from other people in Canada.

I know there are a few good speaker stores on the island (and even more if you come to the mainland often), and it is really worth it to listen to as many speaker as you can before you buy. It isn't easy at first, but if you start listening enough you should begin to discover what you like and want. There is plenty out there for under $1000, just let your ears guide you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back