Jamie Cullum - Singing in the Rain glitch
Jun 16, 2005 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ricola_pak

100+ Head-Fier
On Jamie's album twentysomething, in the track Singin' in the Rain, can anyone hear a glitch at about 1:38?

When he sings "Happy refrain", the "refrain" gets cut off a bit early and does not resolve properly.

I thought it was my CD but when I downloaded off some website I heard the same thing.

Anyone else notice this?

Jun 16, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 8
I'll check when I get home... I may not have noticed it myself as I really don't like his version of that song [or that song in general really]. The rest of the CD is great though, and I love some of his original tracks on in, especially 'all at sea'.

Jun 17, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10
Just checked mine - you're right. A really bad edit. Jamie must have done a few takes and a deaf engineer made a boo boo.

I have gotta say I'm really disappointed. I am by no means an audiophile but even I caught it!
eek.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricola_pak
I am by no means an audiophile but even I caught it!
eek.gif

You don't have to be an audiophile to be able to listen. Listening on headphones can be so revealing and they probably let it through 'cos it was monitored on speakers. It doesn't sound so prominent that way.

Jun 17, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #6 of 8
But it's a very nice version of "Singin' in the Rain", isn't it?
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #7 of 8
As I've said, its not my favourite song... I love his versions of 'i get a kick out of you' and 'wind cries mary'. I dont think that he should have bothered with 'lover, you should've come over' though as he cant really hit the high notes.
wink.gif

I listened last night and heard the 'glitch'... its too bad, but the rest of the CD has great recording quality so I wont let it bother me.

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #8 of 8
I feel that he's going to do better when he's older. I find his voice a bit young and 'trendy'. The other thing is the electric piano keeps shifting left and right and I find that a bit annoying on headphones.

Apart from that, it's ok!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back