james burke's connections - high recommended
Jan 11, 2007 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
if you like history and technology, i recommended looking into this tv program. it was shown in 1970s, but even for today it provide excellent information and education about technology around us. the host, james burke, this guy knows everything. he correlated different events in history and show how they evolved into a final technological acheivement that has vast effect on civilaztion. i love the way he present things though, he doesn't insult your intelligent, post questions to you, and show the negative side of things aswell. i dont watch tv alot, but this is actaully one of the more entertaining program i've seen, more enjoyable than your usual history channel stuff where they overally repeat things and speaks slowly for you to understand.

its a 10 episode series, i borrowed it from my college library out of curiousity. the dvd package is pretty expensive to buy.

right now i'm watching 'connections 2' which i dont think is as good and tightly fitted together like the first one. it seem he does many other tv programs too.

Jan 11, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 3
yeah, I loved this show as a kid, I didnt realise it was on dvd.. It's very entertaining. Don't see series one at amazon though
frown.gif
and it's very very expensive for series 2 and 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back