Jalapeno-fi
Apr 2, 2008 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

shellylh

Sugar and spice and all things nice
Right now I am having a dirty, jalapeno martini (grey goose vodka, olive juice jalapeno stuffed olives, and 3 jalapeno stuffed olives). I was just thinking about the fact that most of my favorite foods have jalapeno in them. Well, I guess what I really mean is that I add jalapeno (either cooked or raw) to most food that I make.

Some of my favorites:

1) homemade pizza with jalapeno plus spicy pepperoni + other toppings
2) jalapeno fettucini (sp?) with chicken
3) pasta primavera with sauteed jalapenos
4) tex-mex risotto

You can add jalapeno to almost anything and it is probably better!

I haven't tried adding jalapeno to vindaloo (lamb/chicken) yet though. The flavor may be lost.

Any other jalapeno fans out there?

Apr 2, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 34
513ZZPmwqCL._SS500_.jpg

It's like sex without the awkward silence.

Apr 2, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 34
Closest thing to a jalapeno that i'll eat are those yellow banana peppers. Great with burgers and pizza, sandwiches, etc... without melting away your mouth. I prefer not to have excruciating pain when I eat. A little heat is sometimes welcome though.

Apr 2, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never been a fan of the actual taste of jalapeño. They're okay, but I prefer habaneros.

Absolutely! Although, I don't eat nearly enough of them; most of the food we cook tends to use Thai chilis, which also pack quite a bit more punch than jalapenos, but not quite as much as a habanero.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely! Although, I don't eat nearly enough of them; most of the food we cook tends to use Thai chilis, which also pack quite a bit more punch than jalapenos, but not quite as much as a habanero.

That is what I love about Jalapenos. They have just enough (but not too much) bite so you can add them to everything. They are a "subtle" pepper.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 34
I've never seen those before, I should look for them... they look yummy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
513ZZPmwqCL._SS500_.jpg

It's like sex without the awkward silence.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never been a fan of the actual taste of jalapeño. They're okay, but I prefer habaneros.

SLIGHT VULGARITY DISCLAIMER

One time while eating at Sammy J. Peppers with my best friend and two girls, we decided to ask for the hottest hot sauce they had, which was a habanero-oil based sauce. I dipped my finger in it and tasted just a tiny bit, and it was MEGA hot. I wiped the rest of the sauce off my finger with a napkin, went back to my meal and forgot about it.
Before we left I had to use the men's room, and I realized about midway through my business that I mustve still had traces of the oil still on my finger, and transfered it onto my you-know-what. It didn't really burn, it just slightly irritated. I came out of the washroom and told everyone and they had a laugh, but over the next hour or so my you-know-what nearly quadrupled in size, while still remaining in "sleep" mode. This lasted for a few hours. I had to say something, and our 2 girlfriends demanded to see. Suffice it to say I got a confidence-boosting
eek.gif
from both of them, and have since considered doing it deliberately before a date.

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #12 of 34
You could relabel the oil and sell it for a profit.
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never seen those before, I should look for them... they look yummy!

We usually have em at our local supermarket chain. They're incredibly addictive, as are all pretzel-based foods.

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #15 of 34
Jalapeno chips are incredibly addictive so I can only imagine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We usually have em at our local supermarket chain. They're incredibly addictive, as are all pretzel-based foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back