Jake Shimabukuru, Amazing Ukulele
Sep 11, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 16
Great stuff... i love it! I bought a couple of his CDs a while back... "Dragon" and "Gently Weeps" --- both fantastic CDs.

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 16
Yup, Jake Shimabukuro is an incredible Ukulele player. He used to perform free lunch time concerts on Fridays at a park down the street from my office. There isn't a genere of music that Jake can't play on the Ukulele be it Hawaiian, Jazz, Blues, Rock, etc. His younger brother Bruce Shimabukuro is also equally as impressive and accomplished on the Ukulele. Both were first taught to play the Ukelele by their mother and both first picked up the Ukulele at the age of 3.

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 16
I've seen him also and he is a joy to watch and listen to.
Seems really down to earth, too.

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 16
steve vai went to one of jake's concerts and told jake he really liked what jake does/is doing. jake said he considers that one of the best moments of his career. steve vai!

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 16
His CD also comes with a companion DVD showing his amazing work in video, great stuff.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
were you living under a rock for the last few years? seriously though, a great song.

Thanks for the relevant post.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #11 of 16
Sep 12, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #13 of 16
Jake's an incredible talent, as many of you have mentioned. I bought his CD 'Crosscurrent' a couple years ago and it was definitely impressive. Some of the songs were a little too "smoothy-jazz" for my taste, but nonetheless stunningly skillful.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
steve vai went to one of jake's concerts and told jake he really liked what jake does/is doing. jake said he considers that one of the best moments of his career. steve vai!

He's better than Steve Vai

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #15 of 16
It's an amazing performance, JMT. Hope to see him live one day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J5qakFIecBU

I consider both insanely talented and would splice their DNA into my fingertips in an instant.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back