Jaded
May 8, 2004 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sczervok

100+ Head-Fier
Ah, ****..

Well, I put on my DT990s again, and they were ok.
How boring.

I needed to go someplace, so I switched to some other pair of phones, and realized... they sound the same.
Wait, holy ****... mx300 = DT990???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!

I ran through all of my earphones, and they all sounded pretty much the same... koss plugs, ex71s, mx series, stock earbuds... only difference I could tell was that... DT990 was further away... and EX71.. was closer... Hell man, even my $5 earbuds sounded the same as DT990s.. What??

It's not my equipment, as my dad can clearly tell that $5 earbuds sound much worse than DT990s...

Is this bad? Should I clean my ears out again? I mean, it's not like that stuff really interferes with the sound quality that much, does it?...

I've also found that every earphone I try is now much more painful that before. DT990 overheat like hell, EX71s exert too much force, mx300s are too big.. stuff I barely ever noticed before.

Oh well... on a lighter note, I have been enjoying music much more since when I lost my ability to descern between these various quality levels...

Is something really wrong with me?

May 8, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 8
You should easily be able to distinguish between $5 phones and ones worth more, I`m guessing it is your source.

Were you able to tell differences before?

May 8, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 8
Well considering your source is only a wimpy portable flash player with no amp I'm not suprised the DT990 sounds like stock earbuds, the DT770 sucks more power IME than the HD600, and the DT990 has the same drivers, so....

Time to get a new source (and amp if you want to use demanding cans like the DT990 to their potential).

May 8, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 8
I find too much listening does the same thing to me, after a while it all starts to blur together...

May 8, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 8
When everything sounds the same I know I just need to get some extra rest, after a good 8 or 10 hours sleep, things start sounding normal again.

May 9, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 8
I found the problem! (thanks blessing)
Mustuve been too much rice... cause I think I apparently ate it all or something. Heh.. I wish..

I'm not using a "wimpy" flash player. Where did you get the impression of that?
Even when I did use my flash one, I could still tell the difference between DT990s and $5 stock earbuds... a very big difference... mostly in terms how how deep the bass was, and how clear the trebles were.

Oh well, i give up. I'm going to go take a shower and rinse those ears out.

EDIT: Oh oops.. didn't update my source list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back