JadeAudio EA3
Feb 3, 2020 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Solar1971

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. Was just wondering if anyone owns these?
If so, could you give your impressions / opinions for these?
i read a few reviews about them. Mostly positive.
but I just wanted to know what people that paid for them think.

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 16
Wow I’m surprised no one has these.
I hope that doesn’t mean they suck. :frowning2:

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 16
Wow I’m surprised no one has these.
I hope that doesn’t mean they suck. :frowning2:

When they are releasing this and the FH1S what is the one most are gonna get? This is gonna get the short end of the stick being the supposed retune of the FH1 vs the improved version of the FH1. Nothing wrong with it at all but with a $20 difference in normal prices most will go with the "big brother" so to speak esp. Perhaps they released them to close together and the price points are too close together. Also tough market that $49 segment so tough to break in against more well known CCA, KZ, BLON, BQeyz, etc.

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 16
When they are releasing this and the FH1S what is the one most are gonna get? This is gonna get the short end of the stick being the supposed retune of the FH1 vs the improved version of the FH1. Nothing wrong with it at all but with a $20 difference in normal prices most will go with the "big brother" so to speak esp. Perhaps they released them to close together and the price points are too close together. Also tough market that $49 segment so tough to break in against more well known CCA, KZ, BLON, BQeyz, etc.

oh I see, I did t know about the FH1S. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 16
Yep, for your "paid for them" qualification the pool will be on the small side and factor in the holiday as well.

Feb 3, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 16
there is a thread about Jade Audio you can actually just post there instead, and they are surprisingly good, sounded more mature than KZs, with great extension end to end, wide soundstage.
to be honest, compared to all your signature there, I can live with 1 EA3 because for me the EA3 have no wrong here, just little improvement here and there, for me TFZ no 3 lack of midrange forwardness, V90 also the same, KB100 is great but sub bass extension and porportion between sub-mid bass is better in EA3. and compared to cheapo BAs in KZs, they sounded more mature. Separation and imaging also very good, even the hybrid multidriver budget IEM have slightly edge because of driver numbers. Fiio FH1s is more or less EA3 in disguise. They said that they made this EA3 for improvement over FH1, more like a test to me, if they succeed, they will name them FH1s, if they didn't, well does't hurt Fiio big name.

Feb 3, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 16
there is a thread about Jade Audio you can actually just post there instead, and they are surprisingly good, sounded more mature than KZs, with great extension end to end, wide soundstage.
to be honest, compared to all your signature there, I can live with 1 EA3 because for me the EA3 have no wrong here, just little improvement here and there, for me TFZ no 3 lack of midrange forwardness, V90 also the same, KB100 is great but sub bass extension and porportion between sub-mid bass is better in EA3. and compared to cheapo BAs in KZs, they sounded more mature. Separation and imaging also very good, even the hybrid multidriver budget IEM have slightly edge because of driver numbers. Fiio FH1s is more or less EA3 in disguise. They said that they made this EA3 for improvement over FH1, more like a test to me, if they succeed, they will name them FH1s, if they didn't, well does't hurt Fiio big name.

thanks for the info.
sometimes I don’t like to post inside a sub forum because they don’t receive as much traffic as the normal IEM forum.
but thanks for telling me. I can’t remember if I’ve ever seen the JadeAudio sub forum. I thought it was a very new and
small company. so you say the EA3 is good compared to my other IEMs? That’s good to know, thank you.
how do you think they compare with KZ ZSX?
thanks again :)

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 16
thanks for the info.
sometimes I don’t like to post inside a sub forum because they don’t receive as much traffic as the normal IEM forum.
but thanks for telling me. I can’t remember if I’ve ever seen the JadeAudio sub forum. I thought it was a very new and
small company. so you say the EA3 is good compared to my other IEMs? That’s good to know, thank you.
how do you think they compare with KZ ZSX?
thanks again :)

again as I said before, ZSX have slight edge on technicalities, and timbre on ZSX is very good (previous KZs not as good) but the EA3 timbre still better
separation, imaging is better on ZSX with their advantage of using 6 drivers, but soundstage is wide on both, just the EA3 have more natural soundstage, the echo, the space is sounded more natural as oppose to ZSX larger than life effect, like a "fake surround" effect from stereo system if you get what i mean.
what i like from EA3 is the tuning, and the knowles driver really helpful to achieve more mature sounds compared to their competitors on budget range.
EA3 more smooth than ZSX on edges but EA3 have more energetic trebles, but they are presented in smooth way so there is no harshness to me, thus don't disturb or tiring for long session.
seriously I have low expectation and I didn't wait for them, I don't even excited to receive them. Mine is review unit sent by Jade Audio but if they are bad or wrong I would say the truth, my statement is coming from my ears directly, I don't try to sell nor I got pushed by hands out there.
buy the black one, the blue one isnt as beautiful as rendered picture, mine is very ugly and cheap like iem. They need to improve the whatet color shell to be honest.

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 16
again as I said before, ZSX have slight edge on technicalities, and timbre on ZSX is very good (previous KZs not as good) but the EA3 timbre still better
separation, imaging is better on ZSX with their advantage of using 6 drivers, but soundstage is wide on both, just the EA3 have more natural soundstage, the echo, the space is sounded more natural as oppose to ZSX larger than life effect, like a "fake surround" effect from stereo system if you get what i mean.
what i like from EA3 is the tuning, and the knowles driver really helpful to achieve more mature sounds compared to their competitors on budget range.
EA3 more smooth than ZSX on edges but EA3 have more energetic trebles, but they are presented in smooth way so there is no harshness to me, thus don't disturb or tiring for long session.
seriously I have low expectation and I didn't wait for them, I don't even excited to receive them. Mine is review unit sent by Jade Audio but if they are bad or wrong I would say the truth, my statement is coming from my ears directly, I don't try to sell nor I got pushed by hands out there.
buy the black one, the blue one isnt as beautiful as rendered picture, mine is very ugly and cheap like iem. They need to improve the whatet color shell to be honest.

wow thanks for all the info. I didn’t know having knowles drivers made such a big difference.
are knowles drivers expensive? I imagine they are because so many people say good things about them. But most IEMs
do not use them. Seems like expensive IEMs use them but cheap ones do not use them so much.
well I’m very excited to listen to them. I ordered the blue. It’s too bad they don’t look as good as the picture shows.
but that’s ok, if the sound is good, that’s what maters to me the most.
thanks again for the info. They should be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday. :)

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #10 of 16
They sound like a cheap chi-fi IEM would've sounded a few years back, piercing and sibilant, you're better off buying the old ZS6 as it is more bearable. So many better options for the price, I see not reason to buy these.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #11 of 16
They sound like a cheap chi-fi IEM would've sounded a few years back, piercing and sibilant, you're better off buying the old ZS6 as it is more bearable. So many better options for the price, I see not reason to buy these.

wow, that a bold statement. I definitely pick EA3 over more sibilance ZS6. ZS6 have peaky sounds with harsh BAs on boosted 3khz, like their previouse signatures, and the sibilance on ZS6 is on 10-12 khz, that caused very tizzy, while EA3 tuning is indeed energetic as i mentioned but they have non harsh peak on 4-6-8khz that sounded energetic but no sibilance for me. Details of the trebles are extended like on NX7 Pro with silver filter, but NX7 Pro is more tiring on higher notes. ZS6 sub bass also rolled off and ZS6 focused on mid bass instead. ZS6 have wider soundstage than EA3 definitely.
Im using spiral dots on my EA3 btw.

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #12 of 16
Ok I just received my EA3's about an hour ago. So far all i can say is WOW!!!
They do NOT sound like a cheap set of iems in any way shape or form.
I'm using my iphone 7 with the default medium silicon tips. Yes, i'm using an EQ setup with a shallow V Shape.
I'm listening to EDM, Specifically Dj Pfeif, podcast number 259. Its a free Download from Dj Pfeif's site.
Its 2 hours long, its a 320 Kbit MP3. Roughly 270 megs. Go get it and listen, and let your ears be happy. :)
Wow this sounds so good... I haven't even plugged them in to my PC yet!

I know this is a very early review, but so far these are getting a big thumbs up.
Especially for 49$ These are very nice. :)

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #13 of 16
Also Dynamic ears is correct, these sound very good...
The BASS and even more so, the SUB BASS is Deeeep!!!! and also very moist, if that means anything, and it should :wink:

Feb 4, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #14 of 16
OMG I just hooked these into my PC with its CHEAP, built on to the motherboard sound card.
OMG!!! Besides this sounding AMAZING!!! I have one more question. I think i've asked this before but i will ask again.
I know my PC's sound card is basically the one you get for free with the lowest Fidelity and least amount awesomeness.
So exactly how CRAPPY is my iphones' DAC/AMP ??? If this sound card sounds 80 zillion times (well maybe i'm exaggerating a little) better, that means
my iphones DAC/AMP sucks BALLS!!!
Man i'm loving this sound :)

Feb 4, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #15 of 16
OMG I just hooked these into my PC with its CHEAP, built on to the motherboard sound card.
OMG!!! Besides this sounding AMAZING!!! I have one more question. I think i've asked this before but i will ask again.
I know my PC's sound card is basically the one you get for free with the lowest Fidelity and least amount awesomeness.
So exactly how CRAPPY is my iphones' DAC/AMP ??? If this sound card sounds 80 zillion times (well maybe i'm exaggerating a little) better, that means
my iphones DAC/AMP sucks BALLS!!!
Man i'm loving this sound :)

depending on type of your motherboard and the audio chipset implanted there. some motherboard have decent audio chipset like new realtek etc, but some also crappy. enjoy your new EA3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back