Jack Nicklaus 2 x RBS £5 note auction... proceeds go to keeping Head-Fi afloat...
Jul 18, 2005 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
The Royal Bank of Scotland have issued two million of these notes, which will be legal tender in the UK, to Scottish branches on the first day of the 134th British Open - to be Jacks final appearance at St Andrews. They've sold out already (2 days) and no more to be printed.

The notes have a picture on the reverse side of Jack (the Golden Bear) holding the famous claret jug and the dates of the Open championships which he won at St Andrews. These are a limited edition run and are a must for golf collectors and banknote collectors alike.

jn2.jpg

I am auctioning two brand new uncirculated notes with consecutive serial numbers JWN0263060 & JWN0263061 and the proceeds of the auction will go to Head-Fi. I'll send the bank notes to the winner free of postage charges (worldwide) and will send them from St. Andrews main post office so the package will bear the official St. Andrews "stamp" I'll also package the notes inside two official St. Andrews Old Course postcards to protect them and will write a few lines on the postcards to the winner of the auction.

These notes have already sold out in Scotland (the only place you can source them in the UK) and on ebay they were fetching 10 times their face value earlier on today.

I start the auction for these 2 Golden Bear notes at 1 cent. The auction will end a week from today (25/07/05) at 9pm GMT and the proceeds will go to Head-Fi.

Bid now (enter your bid by posting the amount publicly)

All the best.

Mike.

jn1.jpg

jn3.jpg

golden.jpg

Jul 18, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 9
Hmm, that works out to $17.47 USD for face value, not including int'l shipping, so to start things off so Pinkie won't take a hit on the costs I hereby bid $25 USD for both notes! One for me, one for my dad, who's an avid golfer
cool.gif

Jul 18, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 9
wow, very cool pinkie!

Jul 18, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 9
Yep I intentionally bid $25 too, so if someone outbids me, they've just bid the minimum amount to earn a pair of contributing headphones in their avatar from Jude!

Jul 19, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 9
You just blew my bid out of the water. Props to you Strohmie!

Jul 27, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 9
Totally forgot about this but the winner is strohmie at $40 for 2 x Jack Nicklaus £5 Limited Edition Royal Bank of Scotland banknotes.

As promised I will pay for the shipping (insured) to the winner and the proceeds of the auction will go direct to Jude to be added to the upkeep of Head-Fi fund.

So if the winner can contact me we can arrange to get the ball rolling.

Thanks to all of you (all two of you) for bidding for these collectable notes and for helping to support Head-Fi by doing so.

Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back