Jack for using an Apple 24V power supply?
Feb 4, 2005 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Syzygies

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know where to get jacks that fit the Apple 24V laptop plug? Or what the deal is with their various contacts? I've gotten as far as getting my DMM to read 24V, same as some of my Apple supplies are labeled.

Apple24V.jpg

In this 24V format I have several international travel chargers, auto/air chargers, and standard chargers everywhere I go. It seems insane for me to buy a separate wall wart for my amps. I don't care about noise, I want to use 24V to recharge my amps' internal NiMH cells, not for listening.

My amps will use standard 2.5/5.5mm jacks, this jack would go on the case of an outboard charging circuit.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 4, 2005 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 3
I cut mine short and put a connector on it so I could swap ends. I needed the 24V for charging... It's only 2 wires in the cable, that is V- and shielding at V+(check polarity, don't trust my memory). The extra connection points on the cable are for the charging led in the sleeve.

Feb 4, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

I cut mine short and put a connector on it so I could swap ends

Just to amplify on this, Radio Shack carries a bare Adaptaplug female jack on wires that you can use to do this. You'd then need the Adaptaplug N to go with it (5.5/2.5mm) and some techniques from the DIY cable thread, and you should be able to make something reasonably good looking. For a Hydra, anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back