Jabra Elite 85h Noise Cancelling Headphones Announced
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BRSxIgnition

Headphoneus Supremus
Sounds like Jabra is gunning for the Bose QC35 II and the Sony WH-1000XM3 with its latest offering, announced at CES 2019.

ksp_scenes_public_mob.jpg

Initial Specifications & Features:
  • 3 Colors (Black, Blue, and Gold)
  • SmartSound Adaptive Personalization (Commute, Public, & Private modes)
  • Automatic ANC On when microphones detect a noisy environment.
  • Battery Life of 32 Hours with ANC on. (35 with ANC off)
  • Jabra Sound + App with EQ and headphone settings.
  • USB C Charging
On paper it sounds like a compelling offer - what do you think?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Which is freaking weird because the only "hands on reviews" I've seen so far say they need "more convincing" of the sound quality (Needing to listen away from the noisy show floor) and... There's no info on what codecs it supports.

Why do these things get awards before they are even tested complete products? I'll never understand this. I want them to be good (as I love my Jabra 65t's) But wishful thinking won't MAKE them good. Simply having ANC is not "award worthy."

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 5
I thought 85h might mean it would get 85 hours :) Needs to be compared to the new AT model ANC900. That does have the DLC drivers and a little more battery life(35 hours) and the "highest degree of noise reduction" in any of their models. Also the Beyer Lagoon ANC and Technics EAH-F70(LDAC and aptX HD equipped). Anything else from the crop at CES?

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 5
More interested in hearing about the Technics than any of those other options - but the Jabra may turn out to be a good alternative too.

I'm disregarding the Audio Technica set since it still uses Micro USB and doesn't really compete with the newer headphones in terms of features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back