Jabra C820 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Apr 4, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dermott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.audioholics.com/productre...headphones.php

Anyone actually heard/used these headphones? This is a very short review that doesn't really say much. The reviewer doesn't compare them to any other headphones either. Just wondering how they actually stack up compared to something like the Senn 595.

bump,
am interested myself in this phone, and having trouble locating more than a few different reviews. Any owners out there with this phone, and can share?

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 8
I bought a pair recently and love them. They wont be as good as the 595s, but their noise cancelling abilities make them very enjoyable for travel, so they are the best value solution for that. Sound is apparently virtually the same as Bose Quiet Comfort, but at a fraction of the price.

May 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #4 of 8
I have a pair and was about to review them.  They are great.  From an audiophile perspective they sound like crap, but that's not the reason for using this type of device. 

May 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 8
have one. mediocre sound and they fall apart at the headband adjusters. 

oh yea, awesome noise cancelling ability, better than almost everything else

May 20, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 8
I haven't had any problem with mine and they seem built about as well as typical consumer headphones that I'm used to.  I got them for around 50 bucks from woot and they were well worth it in my opinion.  The list price of 180 would be too much.  I think they are sort of knock-offs of the Bose Quietcomfort 2.  I have another pair of NC headphones made by Peltor, that are solider but a lot bulkier.  One thing I like about the Jabra is that the cable is not permanently attached.  It just plugs into a 3.5mm stereo jack on the headphone.  So I strapped a Sansa Clip to the headband with a velcro cable tie and plugged it into the headphone with a short patch cord, giving me a self-contained player.  It's great.

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #8 of 8
I won mine in an online contest. For what they made for, they're really good. Great noise cancelling ability with a ncie punchy sound (noise cancelling activated only). Without the noise cancelling on they are highly disappointing in sound quality, though. So, you'll go through quite a bit of AAA batteries as you go along using these.

I'm just now trying to replace mine. The headband cracked quite fiercely a while back. I have the whole put together with duct tape at the moment. So the material quality leaves a lot to be desired. I'm looking for something with much more UMPH for a quick buck. 

though nice I wouldn't suggest them to any of the audiophiles on this forum. You can get better for half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back