J3 Cable doesn't connect...
Jan 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pyrokid

500+ Head-Fier
The cable that came with my J3 doesn't work. It's too loosely fitting I think, because unless you press it ridiculously hard then it won't make the connection. Is there somewhere I can get another one? Kind of annoying to essentially have a bricked MP3 right out of the box, and I can't find anywhere where it's sold because there isn't really a name for it.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 6
I should add that I have to keep it pressed in a very specific position for the device to recognize that the cord is plugged in, but it still doesn't make the necessary connections to be recognized on my computer.

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 6
I had the same issue with mine when I first got my J3:

The connection port is a bit of a 'tight fit' when you first try it, requiring you to really force the plug in. The seemingly-loose fit is because the last bit before you get the connection is where the difficult part is. All you really need to do is use a bit of force (nothing too reckless, mind you) and it should 'snap' into place, giving you access from your computer.

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #4 of 6
I am an idiot, nevermind, This can be locked. I just didn't know how far I had to push the plug in.
redface.gif
That was scary though, I thought I was gonna kill my baby!

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 6
No worries! I was in a state of panic before I came to the same realization. The J3's connector is the most stubborn connection (that wasn't flipped in the right direction) of any device I've had to date!

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 6
I've had my J3 for several months now, and the connection gets easier to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back