J3 Battery problem during power off....or sleep mode
Jan 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sanj3

New Head-Fier

Question about the J3 "Sleep Mode" option.  Last night, when finished listening, I clicked the on-screen power button, and chose the Sleep Mode option.  At that time I had 100-75% battery (since it seems to only show battery in 25% increments).  This morning, less than 8 hours later, the J3 was totally dead -- had to plug it into the charger.

I was assuming Sleep Mode would use so little power as to allow it to last over-night -- maybe I was wrong.  Does that sound right for the Sleep Mode?  Should I just power off when I know I won't use the J3 for at least 2-3 hours? 

Well i tried power off too but seems to behave the same way...

dus this mean the j3 baterry is defective?

but i seem to get decent battery life during playback...
Any help appreciated guys...!!!

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 5
The J3's battery seems to need some kind of warm up. It drains fast the first couple charges.
I don't know anything about batteries though, so i can't really say.

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 5
^, yes J3 battery acts funny sometimes.  Majority of the time the Sleep mode works as expected, even after 48-72 hours of sleep.  But every now and then (and it only happens to me when the battery is showing 50% or less) sleep mode completely drains the battery and it is dead.  I've had my J3 for about 4 months now, and it happens less and less -- happened 3 or 4 times the first month I had it.

I also think it is odd that for such a nice player and (IMO) interface, the battery only shows 25% power increments -- you would think 1% increments would be an obvious and easy choice!

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 5
haha just today my J3 did the same thing and I thought dam it, I need to go back to headfi and look up some info on this problem again
I tested regular playback, and it was able to go on for 55+ hours with EQ on, and yet it sometimes dies in one night on sleep =.=
Very inconsistent indeed...this is pretty much my only problem with the J3 =/

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 5
I have the same problem with the sleep mode draining the battery.  I like the fact that the j3 stops playing after setting the sleep mode but hate the battery drain.  Maybe they will provide a f/w fix somewhere down the line for this issue.  I use flac files, and with this battery issue, my j3 doesn't last that long a single charge.  Lately, I've been turning it off manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back