j
Nov 27, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 6
I would buy the amp and DAC separately so that you have more ability to upgrade individual parts in the future. I really have enjoyed both the HRT Music Streamer II and Little Dot MK I+. The Little Dot MK I+ will run you about $160 after shipping and such and the HRT Music Streamer II will run you about $150. Both are very good and will scale well with higher end headphones in my opinion. The LD MK I+ has lots of power and punch since its a hybrid design and should satisfy your taste. If not you can always do some tube rolling or op amp switching. It is a really customizable amp.

Anyway thats what I would buy if I was on a budget. Do you have some headphones in mind that you plan on using with it?

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 6
If your going with the setup above the LD I+ wouldn't be a good match for 600OHM beyers. Its better for lower OHM headphones. I'm not too sure on this, but I'm thinking the AH-D2000 would be a good match for those genres, and would also be a great headphone for the LD I+ and the music streamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back