J&W J1 Dc offset test points
May 30, 2005 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

k00gar

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys

Could anyone tell me how to check the DC offset on my G&W J1 ive included a link to the pic of the PCB for techys
who are not familiar with it. i know which trim pots to adjust but thats not hard seen as there the only trim pots
tongue.gif

and it should be warm and as near to 0v as pos.

what im after i suppose it which points to stick my meter

I know Pinkfloyd,Sean-xenos and Grif? have performed this maybe they could throw in a bone or two !.

thanks alot

Koogar

http://img190.echo.cx/my.php?image=2ndgwinside6mq.jpg

May 31, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi KOOgar

Have the amp warm, no source connected. Set your meter to DC 200mv. At the headphone jack you'll find 3 wires left,right and ground...just follow them back up to the pcb to determine which is which. The test is ground to left and ground to right...both should be 0v.

HTH
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 7
thanks for the info Grif

how did yours turn out was it way out? did it make a diff to the amp after adjustment .

thanks

koog

May 31, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 7
could i not just test from a spare headphone jack Grif ?

this way i wouldnt have to break the warranty seal to check.I tested from a spare jack but my multimeter is autoranging
frown.gif
i get 0.003 left and 0.003-4 right with the volume at bottom or top with no source and warm does this sound ok?.

thanks dood

k00g

May 31, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by k00gar
could i not just test from a spare headphone jack Grif ?

this way i wouldnt have to break the warranty seal to check.I tested from a spare jack but my multimeter is autoranging
frown.gif
i get 0.003 left and 0.003-4 right with the volume at bottom or top with no source and warm does this sound ok?.

thanks dood

k00g

Spot on k00g...... anything under 20mV is good..... your amp seems SPOT ON.

Mike.

May 31, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks guys for the help ,good to hear i have a golden sample

why did i sell my Fluke

Cheers (opens a bottle of 1664)

K00g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back