j-techno! (globe) i need some help finding the good stuff! and, where to get it
Jul 10, 2003 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fappar

100+ Head-Fier
i dig globe... of course, i heard of them on the closing theme to an anime... android 009. the closing song is genesis of next, and i totally love it. so, whats good, and where does one get this stuff?

Jul 10, 2003 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 5
I dig Globe as well. Relation is my favorite album of theirs. It's less like the trancy style they've adopted today however. Less stand up and dance and more of a headphone album if you know what I mean
smily_headphones1.gif

Where do you buy from? I usually scout for good deals on ebay since CDJapan and all other importers are expensive to buy from (like $25 a CD + shipping and other costs). Of their newer work that I've heard, Lights (which has genesis of next on it) is great too, although I don't own it yet.

Jul 10, 2003 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
I dig Globe as well. Relation is my favorite album of theirs. It's less like the trancy style they've adopted today however. Less stand up and dance and more of a headphone album if you know what I mean
smily_headphones1.gif

Where do you buy from? I usually scout for good deals on ebay since CDJapan and all other importers are expensive to buy from (like $25 a CD + shipping and other costs). Of their newer work that I've heard, Lights (which has genesis of next on it) is great too, although I don't own it yet.

thanks! scouting ebay now... what is some other japanese music that you like?

Jul 10, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 5
hmm... does keiko still sing for globe? her voice is like acquired taste. well you can also checking ayumi hamasaki's remix albums if you can stand her voice as well. Every Little Thing remix albums are more dancey also but Mochida's voice is more tolerable.

Jul 10, 2003 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
hmm... does keiko still sing for globe? her voice is like acquired taste. well you can also checking ayumi hamasaki's remix albums if you can stand her voice as well. Every Little Thing remix albums are more dancey also but Mochida's voice is more tolerable.

Yeah, Keiko's still the singer. I don't really care for ayumi's voice and have never gotten into her stuff. Doesn't really interest me. So like everything it's subjective...

As far as japanese music goes, I like Globe, Nanase Aikawa, Shiina Ringo, Move and Judy & Mary. There's a lot else there I haven't checked out yet. I like the more rock and electronica based stuff, not really the more poppy artists.

[edit] Oh, and ELT is cool too. Move seems like a band you'd like since they're really techno-ish. "Synergy" is an awesome album, I suggest you check it out. I love Bless Into the Sunshine.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back