J river Media Center- Best Music Program Ever?
Mar 19, 2004 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Krishna

100+ Head-Fier
I simply love this J River Media Center for ripping, tagging, organizing, playing, etc my mp3's. It has everything that one could want, and more. I started my quest into the mp3 world with Winamp and WMP
rolleyes.gif
. Winamp is good but the media library only shows filenames, and my filenames are all screwed up. WMP is just to simple. JRMC on the other hand has all the features of Winamp, and the Media Library organization of WMP. It seems to me like it is perfect.

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/features.html

What do you guys think of JRMC

Here is the link to a 30 day trial

Mar 19, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 9
I've been using it for a while now. I love it actually. Does my ripping every bit as well as EAC, allows me to encode externally with whatever codec I want, plays Mp4 files for me, does slide shows set as a screen saver along to music (or not if I choose just pics) and can do so many more things that I've yet to get into.

I really love that it is VERY customizable/tweakable. Way too many options to list. And it's pretty light on the resources too. Gets an A- in my book.
Oh, and it has a sync function that works with many hand helds. Yes...the iPod too. No support for the Iriver players yet though.

Mar 19, 2004 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
I've been using it for a while now. I love it actually. Does my ripping every bit as well as EAC, allows me to encode externally with whatever codec I want, plays Mp4 files for me, does slide shows set as a screen saver along to music (or not if I choose just pics) and can do so many more things that I've yet to get into.

I really love that it is VERY customizable/tweakable. Way too many options to list. And it's pretty light on the resources too. Gets an A- in my book.
Oh, and it has a sync function that works with many hand helds. Yes...the iPod too. No support for the Iriver players yet though.

It really is a great program! Supposed the next version (v10) has alot more additions for handhelds. The only problem that I can see with it is that it costs money, but for such an awesome piece of software who cares.

Mar 19, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 9
foobar 2000 is the best music program ever. that is all.

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 9
Although I am now using EAC, based in part on the fact that I only have potentially troublesome discs left to rip and I need the EAC error correction (sure does take long...I had EAC working on one track for 4 hours), I ripped 500+ discs with J River media center. It was very easy to set up and worked very well. The online database is not quite as good as Freedb, but it found the majority of my fairly obscure discs and basically worked without a hitch. Learning EAC was a rather daunting endeavor, but J River MC was a piece of cake. I encoded everything in Ogg -q 8.25 (after a bunch of testing) and I am very satisfied. Since J River lets you use the Media Center for free for 30 days, it was basically a rip-a-thon. Be sure to review the file associations (very easy and user-friendly) because like most of these applications, it wants to be the default player for everything on your computer. It was really quite "painless"...at least for a newb like me.

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #6 of 9
JRMC is very good, however if you dick with your pc's as much as me and have to reinstall everything every 1-2 months you soon use up your install allotment and then you're screwed unless you find a crack for it as I had to. Buying a license and then finding it useless in a short time isn't much fun.
mad.gif

Foobar is still my default though, luckily it free so no stupid license issues.

Mar 20, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #7 of 9
What I do is, that I save the license file, and every time I do a reisntall I set the date on the computer back. Just make a memo for yourself, they (the mjr file) works in a period of 14 days (I think.)

Mar 20, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm sure that announcing ways of cracking the registration, or bypassing the license on a public forum is really intellingent. Why not just announce your I.P. address while you guys are at it ?
rolleyes.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I'm sure that announcing ways of cracking the registration, or bypassing the license on a public forum is really intellingent. Why not just announce your I.P. address while you guys are at it ?
rolleyes.gif

i know this thread is ancient, but this was probably one of the most dumb posts ever. Watch out! they have the resources and manpower to find you just from a random post on a forum!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back