J.River Hotkeys....
Oct 10, 2009 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ozer

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know if this is right place on this forum to post this.... But now I did
tongue.gif

I moved over from Foobar2000 to J.River Jukebox last week.... It has worked perfecly all the time except since yesterday when my hotkeys stopped working !!

I have a keyboard with "Backward, play/pause, forward, stop" buttons and I've always used them.... But suddenly they don't work with J.River (have tested all over media players, and it works with them...)

Can somebody help me ?? I can't use a media player witch doesn't support my Hotkeys..... I've checked everywhere under "Options", but there's nothing, and I've also searched the internet and can't find anything there either....

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 5
In the Tools/Options/General dialog, look in the Advanced section for a line starting "Media Key mode...". the Automatic setting lets media keys be recognized on my PCs.

I've given directions that work on MC12 and MC14. It is possible that the corresponding command in MJ is located elsewhere or has a different name.

You'll get better results asking questions like this on the J. River forums. You can also find answers in the MC help and the Wiki on the J. River web site.

Bill

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Somebody who can help me ?? The official forum for J.River is dead.... Nobody answers, so I have to go here....

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 5
> The official forum for J.River is dead....
> Nobody answers, so I have to go here....

I see a post at 3:35 yesterday on the Media Jukebox forum. You might get a response in a bit more time. However, the Media Center 14 forum has more people viewing posts and replying. The Media Center 13 forum might also be useful. Use some initiative.

If you search on the J. River forums or in the Wiki for "media keys", you will find plenty of results. You need to be a bit more flexible and creative in looking for answers.

I gave you a specific suggestion:

"In the Tools/Options/General dialog, look in the Advanced section for a line starting "Media Key mode...". the Automatic setting lets media keys be recognized on my PCs."

Did you try this change? Did it work?

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back