J-Money Denon Pads
Nov 12, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #16 of 32
Thanks to JMoney and HeadRoom for keeping us up to date with everything. I was backordered this past spring for close to two months and the people I worked with didn't know squat. You guys are making the wait much easier. I'm excited for them sweet leather ear couches.

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #17 of 32
coolbeans
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #19 of 32
So I'm assuming these are gonna sell out pretty fast, guess I better get mine ordered now before everyone sees they're in stock.

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm assuming these are gonna sell out pretty fast, guess I better get mine ordered now before everyone sees they're in stock.

Hi Necrolic,

We do expect to be receiving a pretty good supply from J$, enough to cover all our HeadRoom back-orders and have plenty left over for all comers thru the end of the month (at least!)
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Service/Sales Manager

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JMoney EARPADS ARE IN-STOCK!

Cheers,

Jorge
HeadRoom CS/Sales Manager

I ordered a pair of the V2 pads this afternoon. The HeadRoom salesperson could not tell me whether or not using the JMoney pads would void the Denon warranty. Is there any official policy?

Thanks.

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a pair of the V2 pads this afternoon. The HeadRoom salesperson could not tell me whether or not using the JMoney pads would void the Denon warranty. Is there any official policy?

Thanks.

Hello Lavcat,

The DENON JMoney lambskin earpads are easily replaceable / interchangeable with the old 'stock' DENON pads so no manufacturer warranty issues should arise merely from earpad replacement.
redface.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HeadRoom Sales/Service Manager

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #25 of 32
Received my V2 last week and although stiff at first and after about 50 hours with them, they feel great. The sound stage is bigger, but the mid details were slightly lost; however my headphone amp takes care of it. Great investment for my D2000.

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my V2 last week and although stiff at first and after about 50 hours with them, they feel great. The sound stage is bigger, but the mid details were slightly lost; however my headphone amp takes care of it. Great investment for my D2000.

Hi Alphaphoenix,

JMoney indicates the new v2 earpads will indeed need a short 'break-in' period to get rid of the initial stiffness of the new lambskin... About 50-75hrs should do the trick!
smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales & Service Manager

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #27 of 32
My pads came today. I posted about my problems in the headphone forum thread but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask for help here as well:

The problem is not with the JMoney pads but with the D7000. I can't get the old pads off. I read that the procedure is to press evenly on the pads while twisting counter clockwise. It doesn't work for me. The pads came with no instructions.

Any assitance will be appeciated.

Update:

I was able to remove the stock pads by sliding them out from the ring with the rings still in place on the frame. I was then able to use a screwdriver to rotate the rings to get them off. The rings were very tight.

Putting the JMoney pads on the rings was easy. Now the problem is how to get the rings reinstalled on the frame! For the moment I am listening with the rings just pressing against the frame. I still need help if anyone can give it.

So far the pad replacement has been much more difficult than I was expecting.

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My pads came today. I posted about my problems in the headphone forum thread but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask for help here as well:

The problem is not with the JMoney pads but with the D7000. I can't get the old pads off. I read that the procedure is to press evenly on the pads while twisting counter clockwise. It doesn't work for me. The pads came with no instructions.

Any assitance will be appeciated.

Update:

I was able to remove the stock pads by sliding them out from the ring with the rings still in place on the frame. I was then able to use a screwdriver to rotate the rings to get them off. The rings were very tight.

Putting the JMoney pads on the rings was easy. Now the problem is how to get the rings reinstalled on the frame! For the moment I am listening with the rings just pressing against the frame. I still need help if anyone can give it.

So far the pad replacement has been much more difficult than I was expecting.

Bump.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #30 of 32
Lavcat, my first time removing the earpads was a challenge but not as bad as your experience. Perhaps you can get some silicone based lubricant and place a dab on each of the ears of the plastic ring to ease putting it back on the cup. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back