j-Jays or Creative EP 630 (or..)?
Dec 5, 2007 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hotsoda

100+ Head-Fier
I'm shopping around for canalphones for my father. Over the past two years, he's used close to a half a dozen canal phones, because they keep breaking on him (either at the point where the cable splits, or one of the ends connecting to the driver). I know it's probably because of something he's doing (he stuffs his headphones in his bag going to work, so there's probably some wear), but I'd like to get something a bit more durable.

Two I've been looking at are the j-Jays ($50) and Creative EP-630s ($30-$50). I've seen the 630s in person, and I don't think they'll last long. I was hoping to get a pair of Ultimate Ears because he can replace the wires, but they're out since he hates the Frankinstein look.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 5
yep, 2x the JBL's. they're also supposed to be a lot better than the ep630's. you can get them on Amazon for $30-40. (Original price around $75)

since phones keep breaking on him, you should convince him to use the case that comes with them. that's going to help a lot.

Dec 6, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 5
Does anyone have any other suggestions before I make the purchase?

Dec 6, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 5
You should ask people who have or heard both. Personally, i hated the sound sterile of the JBL's though they were built pretty nice. I'd opt for the EP630 if you can find a good price on them. I cannot comment on the j-Jays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back