J Cord - What is it?
Oct 30, 2007 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

saiyanzzrage

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, im in the market for a set of yuin pk3's because of my budget and the great reviews on them, and noticed on head-direct that they are j cord. In my browsing of this site before joining, it seems j cord styles arent liked?

What exactly is a j cord? i know what your standard y cord looks like but never heard of a j cord.

Thanks in advance everyone, I want to get this cleared up before i go ahead and order by buds
eggosmile.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 8
The J cord is simply the left or right earpiece cable is longer than the other. The Y cord has both left and right cables the same length.

The result of the J cord is that the cable to the music player tends to hang off the short side, whereas with the Y cord the cable is balanced and hangs evenly.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The J cord is simply the left or right earpiece cable is longer than the other. The Y cord has both left and right cables the same length.

The result of the J cord is that the cable to the music player tends to hang off the short side, whereas with the Y cord the cable is balanced and hangs evenly.

thanks so much

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With J-cord,

One side goes around the back of your head. Making the lengths equal.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With J-cord,

One side goes around the back of your head. Making the lengths equal.

thanks, i know now what it is, i actually had a set of earbuds that were that style

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 8
I happen to quite like J-cord, I can just remove one side and let it hang over my shoulder, with the Y-cord if I remove one side I most likely have to hold it to prevent the weight of that side from dragging my other off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back