J-Bird Records
Aug 16, 2001 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
Anyone ever hear of these guys ?

I have a CD that is probably the best live recording I own with headphones

Guess Who-"the Spirit Lives On" Greatest hits live

Rather than a mix of various venues of a tour this is a single concert recording , 1998 ,Bethlehem,PA

the sound is truly phenomenal

funny thing , I never put it in my computer before today.

but I was listeneing to it while my wife drove and upon reading the case I happened to notice it had video , a CD player and a web browser (netscape V2.2 or some such) plus a link to the web site

NOT ! ALL GONE,SEE YA !

So while my intent was to recommend this CD ,something I never do , ever

If none can be had ?

OK ,no more T-Bird , how do I find out where to get more for buds?

Maybe I need to archive this sucker NOW before sometrhing happens to my ONLY copy

Anybody ?

Rick,gettin' those per days up at breakneck speed

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2001 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 3
My old band was one of the first few bands to be released on their label. They started back in 96' as an internet only record company. They basically sign ANYBODY (our album was horrible, yet they released it). They don't do any of the mastering or anything like that. It's all up to the band to take care of that and send it to them. All they do is market the CD on their site. And if memory serves, they almost went out of business back in 98'. They're still around, but I doubt it will be for long.

Aug 17, 2001 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 3
well thanks man ,

the mastering on the CD I have is soooo clean for a live CD and the note separation with cans is great

guess I gotta start making copies if I want to share this wonderful (if you like guess who) CD , though I am not comfortable doing so other than for my own backup

(see the headwize archives for my feelings on artist compensation)

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back