Ive tried 2 different 64GB SDXC(FAT32 Formatted) cards on my Sansa Clip Zip with none working on it. Are they not compatible?
Mar 26, 2016 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Koopa989

100+ Head-Fier
i have a Fiio X3 and it reads both cards just fine. id just like to switch my music between the two and was wondering if this is common for other Clip Zip users.

can any of you help me out?

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 4
They aren't supported but can work. Are you using Rockbox (idk if it is mandatory but that is what I was using) and did you use the guiformat tool when you formatted? http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 4
im using the latest Rockbox version and the formatting tool that i used is random freeware that i downloaded. ill try reformatting with the tool that you linked to.

EDIT: tried a different formatter..did not work.

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 4
Ah, too bad. It can be hit and miss from what I've read. I think people have the most luck using Sandisk cards- not only for clip but with a lot of other players that bave similar file system limitations, and guiformat (or its non-gui predecesor) is the one I've seen recommended to get large capacity cards working w/ old fat32 devices.

May be worth trying on the original sansa firmware too?

Most of the information I've read on the matter is from the sandisk forums themselves so might be worth doing a search over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back