I've searched but I cant find anything.. How do I use EAC to burn a copy of songs i have in Foobar?
Jul 9, 2008 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rti1000

New Head-Fier
Ok, I can't figure this out... I set up EAC according to the "guide" and when i tell foobar to "convert" to WAV i try to pull up the cuesheet to burn a copy in EAC I get all sorts of errors.... Is there a way to use EAC to burn a copy of stuff I have on foobar or do I have to have the original CD to burn a copy with EAC ?

Thanks again..... :>)
Andy

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 4
I think you need Nero software installed and set in as your burner in your foobar configuration, I may be wrong but I think I"m close
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rti1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I can't figure this out... I set up EAC according to the "guide" and when i tell foobar to "convert" to WAV i try to pull up the cuesheet to burn a copy in EAC I get all sorts of errors.... Is there a way to use EAC to burn a copy of stuff I have on foobar or do I have to have the original CD to burn a copy with EAC ?

Thanks again..... :>)
Andy

I think I understand your question so I will attempt an answer. In Foobar2000, select and highlight the song you want to convert to wave. Then RIGHT click on that highlighted song. A menu will appear. From that menu, select "Convert" then another menu will appear and from that second menu select "Convert to..."
The Converter Setup dialog box will appear. In this box you will select the recording format (.Wav or whatever) from a drop down list. Make sure that the "DSP Processing" , "Replay Gain Processing" and "Replay Gain-scan files as albums" are all UNchecked. Select "More Settings" to check other matters such as "preferred bit depth". Then select (left click) the "OK" button.
The "Save As" Dialog box appears and you will need to designate where to put the file.
After the file is ripped to your hard drive take that file into EAC.
Please note that Foobar2000 itself has an extension by which you can accurately burn CD's. My understanding is that the CD's that Foobar2000 burns are every "bit" as accurate as those burned with EAC as long as you already have Nero software installed on your computer.
I hope this helps. If you need to more info. Let us know.

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 4
What you need:
EAC
foobar
music

Steps:
1. Load your songs into foobar
2. Make sure they're in the order you want them on the CD
3. Highlight them all and right click
3a. Select Convert -> Convert to Album Images with Cuesheets or Chapters
4. Select WAV as the output type
5. Save the file somewhere easy to remember
6. Open EAC
7. Click Write, which should be the last icon on the left
8. Click File, Open CUE sheet
9. Navigate to where you saved the .wav file in foobar
10. Load the .cue sheet that's named the same as the wave file you saved
11. Click CDR, Burn

Some of this may be a bit off, but I think it'll get you going. I don't have both apps installed on this pc, but this is how I remember it. If you don't get that particular convert option in foobar, you're missing a plugin. Let me know if that's the case and I'll try to get a pointer to it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back