I've never seen Star Wars...and I never want to either
Jan 13, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #76 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMajestic
I would never let the general populace influence me like that. Not seeing a movie because it's popular is the same as seeing one because it is popular. Your letting people dictate what you see and don't see.

Well said. Now I'm really interested to see a poll on star trek.
icon10.gif

Jan 13, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #77 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nak Man
icon10.gif

Funny you should mention this. I only need to see the original series and I'm done. Sad in a way.
frown.gif

To actually contribute to this thread, I can say I used to have a demeaning attitude towards some bands, like Nightwish. It's certainly an interesting psychological aspect that I can sometimes associate with myself.

Jan 14, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #78 of 87
Quote:

icon10.gif

Fire at Will!
biggrin.gif

As for Nightwish - who knows how long they'll last as a band, as long as she keeps destroying her voice. I can't get to them musically because I can't get past thinking "Oh! Ouch! Why are you doing that?" when she sings. Some friends had mentioned an article in the Finnish press about how she knew she was killing her voice and doing it anyway.. and that's just too sad for words.
frown.gif
And that's my own psychological block in trying to get to know Nightwish.

Jan 14, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #79 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
I've always laughed at people who rebel against something pointlessly.

I strongly second this. For what possible reason would you deprive yourself of seeing the first three Star Wars movies, and the Lord of the Rings cycle? These are amongst the greatest films and entertainment experiences ever offered.
Many times, the great unwashed masses do indeed choose things of terrible mediocrity, or worse to make opular, but not always, not even close.

JC

Jan 14, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #80 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizumu
omg, I'm special because I don't watch movies other people do!!!

grow up.

Agreed.

Jan 14, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #81 of 87
I haven't seen Starwars ep 4,5 & 6. I kinda felt left out but the reason I'm not really interested to see them is because I felt I might be disappointed with the visual effect. It's an old movie and the visual effect disappointment might effect the story line. I think I'm going to rent the dvd this long weekend though after reading these thread.

Jan 14, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #82 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
Many times, the great unwashed masses do indeed choose things of terrible mediocrity, or worse to make popular, but not always, not even close.

I often wonder what kind of people go to see movies like "The Fockers," "Dodge Ball," "White Chicks," "ELF," or any number of other juvenile comedies. Probably the last comedy I saw was "Waterboy". Nothing else since has piqued my interest.

RYCet,

The newest Star Wars DVDS are SHARP, CLEAR and Awesome when it comes to special effects. You have nothing to worry about there.

But I still can't bring myself to buy Episode I - that kid racing, ugh.

Jan 14, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #83 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
that kid racing, ugh.

The BEST !!!! =)

Seriously, I heard a demo of Velo 10" servo sub using that part ... and really can't get it off of my head. What a brilliant sub.
basshead.gif

Jan 15, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #85 of 87
If you don't want to see it because it doesn't interest you, then its cool. But you say you don't want to see it because its popular?

I'd recommend just watching ep. 4 at night with all the doors locked. Then just tell people you haven't seen it before so you stick to your nonconformist philosophy. Remember...

Star Wars is the ultimate cinematic experience.

Jan 16, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #86 of 87
Quote:

The BEST !!!!

Sound and visual wise, yeah. But a 12 year old kid falling in love with a 17 year old kid and then in the next episode they're the same age, or her going from a Queen to a Congresswoman? I don't think so. The least they could have shown was that her species ages slower due to their having a wider orbit than other planets. Plot wise I thought it was weak, the over reliance of computer generation and blue or green screens really stifled acting ability.

Chapter 3 has to be THE definitive movie in the series.

Jan 16, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #87 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
Sound and visual wise, yeah. But a 12 year old kid falling in love with a 17 year old

LOL ... that's why I put the best comment right after you mentioned that kid racing. Overall I agree that the first 'series' have better plot / story and impact. Somehow I prefer SWI than SWII and now eagerly awaiting the final round. Hope it's not getting worse !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back