I've never listened to more beautiful music...
Jan 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
So my headphone rig is finally coming together and after years of using Creative-like headphones I finally sprung for some decent phones, an amp, and a DAC. So far the last piece of the puzzle is missing but right now, listening through my LD I+, John Mayer live in Los Angeles ripped in FLAC sounds absolutely amazing. I've never heard this much detail in my music. Songs which I could barely hear the words to are now detailed. When you can here a musicians hand moving up and down the strings on his guitar you know it's something special, it's like you're there. The soundstage on theses phones is amazing, and although I purchased them specifically for classical, they do extremely well with the kind of rock I listen to.

Even though my wallet is hurting a little (college student) this has been the best $500 I've ever spent.

Thanks for all the help throughout the way.

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 15
Oh no, you caught the virus!
beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #6 of 15
Great to hear that you have had a really enjoyable ride so far!
That's what its all about...
smile.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #8 of 15
It's just pure audio bliss now, isn't it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
addictive hobby aint it

It is indeed. I'm already eying up a better amp for my K701's and I'm looking at some Grados for rock.

Jan 22, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #12 of 15
In uni music is what kept me sane, what soothed my frazzled, overworked nerves, so don't worry about the money, I'm sure it'll pay for itself many times over.

Just be sure not to catch the virus.
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #13 of 15
You gotta get yourself into electrical engineering!

Played my M3 off as a "Independent Study Project" The wallet suffers but everyone thinks it was a justifiable expense.

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You gotta get yourself into electrical engineering!

Played my M3 off as a "Independent Study Project" The wallet suffers but everyone thinks it was a justifiable expense.

I plan to do that as well when i take my basic E.E. class
biggrin.gif

Electrical courses are minimal though if your major is C.E.E.
frown.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #15 of 15
Now would be a good time to run and never look back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back