I've narrowed it down to these budget cd players...UPDATE CD3001 officially on Marantz site
Aug 29, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #16 of 21
Does the Marantz support multichannel SACD or just 2ch?

BT

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #17 of 21
Hey guys

Sadly the CD5001 doesn't have SACD, i was mislead by the description saying "Super Audio CD Grade" DAc. The only reason why I wanted the Oppo was because its practicality as a dvd player, but I'll probably go for the Marantz because I don't have an amp (yet) so that's the only system where I can adjust the volume without an amp.

Annnnd.... good news everyone, Marantz just updated there site with the new CD5003!!!!!! enjoy only $349!

Marantz America | CD5003 * * NEW * * Single Disc CD Player

My only question is: Is the audio quality of this beast updated? From my noobish understanding the most significant upgrades are mp3, wma support...

Aug 29, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #18 of 21
Nice -- similar styling to their big-buck CD players.
Bet it sounds good, too, since Marantz is known for decent stuff.

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys

Sadly the CD5001 doesn't have SACD, i was mislead by the description saying "Super Audio CD Grade" DAc. The only reason why I wanted the Oppo was because its practicality as a dvd player, but I'll probably go for the Marantz because I don't have an amp (yet) so that's the only system where I can adjust the volume without an amp.

Annnnd.... good news everyone, Marantz just updated there site with the new CD5003!!!!!! enjoy only $349!

Marantz America | CD5003 * * NEW * * Single Disc CD Player

My only question is: Is the audio quality of this beast updated? From my noobish understanding the most significant upgrades are mp3, wma support...

I said it wasn't a SACD player back in post 3
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know which CS chips it's using. The CD6002 (not out in the USA) uses the CS4398. The CD5001 used the CS4392. It looks like they potentially did upgrade some components and they updated the look to more like, say, the SA15S1. I like its looks better than the CD5001.

So I'd say the quality is on par with, if not better than, the CD5001.

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #20 of 21
If I didn't already have the SA8001, I would get one of the CD5003 -- a no-brainer buy for the price -- for me, anyway.

Aug 29, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My only question is: Is the audio quality of this beast updated?

Impossible to tell from the marketing copy. One thing's for sure...this is the best looking player of the bunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back