i've just order the Govibe V5
Mar 20, 2007 at 7:59 AM Post #16 of 21
chuckm wrote: Quote:

I got an intermediate gain of 2.8 as a compromise for low/high impedance phones. According to Norm the low gain is 2 and normal gain is 4.

sorry to look like a headphone amp amatuer (which i am) but i just handed over my cash and said 'that one please'.

where is the gain specified? on the website? on the instructions?

Mar 20, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
chuckm wrote:

sorry to look like a headphone amp amatuer (which i am) but i just handed over my cash and said 'that one please'.

I have a V6 low gain version for my E4's and its loud (for me) at the 12/1 o'clock position.

Its a great little amp!

Mar 20, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

chuckm wrote:

On the order page you request low or regular gain. I don't believe the actual numeric gain value is listed on the website, or the fact that you could get a third intermediate gain. Norm suggested the 2.8 to me as a compromise and I asked via email what the normal and low gain values were for comparison.

I think the gain value is hand written on a label inside my amp - not sure if this is standard procedure or not.

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

I'm guessing that if you didn't specify then you most likely got "regular" gain, which works quite nicely with my PROlines.
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #20 of 21
i was thinking of little dot micro, but i've read toomany negative reports about build quality for my liking, so it's a cmoy next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back