I've Just Discovered The Perfect Tips for Etymotics!!! (Must Read!)
Nov 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

J0nny

100+ Head-Fier
So, I just received my brand new Miles Davis Tributes today, courtesy of shamrock134, along with a positive wealth of Monster Tips and SuperTips.

As I lay in my darkened sound lab (read: bedroom) comparing my ER4-P to my MDTs I was struck with an amazing idea. What if I used the core of a Shure Olive, inserted into the stem of a Monster eartip to create a brand new tip for my Etys? I had to try it. So I began de-coring an old pair of Olives I had and started working my way through the SuperTips. I was most looking forward to the gel-filled tips: the concept of excellent isolation with low insertion depth (i.e. no pain) paired with Ety sound seemed an amazing combination to me. I found that the gel-filled tips worked very well, but didn't feel completely secure. So I continued my search. I eventually came across the smallest, black regular tip. Not foam or gel-filled ones, just the standard silicone. I was dubious about it's attenuation abilities but I tried it out anyway. I WAS STUNNED TO SAY THE LEAST!!! I can insert them just as far, with equal isolation, whilst remaining true to the Ety sound with just a hint of elevated bass response, and the best of all, it is ridiculously comfortable!!! It's so comfortable and sounds so good that I'm even regretting ordering a pair of custom moulded sleeves!

Anyone who has fit issues with their Etys but loves the sound and has a pair of small Monster tips or small Hybrids lying around has to try this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back