I've got Pepsi's private box for tomorrow's "Killers"concert.
Jan 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mbriant

Headphoneus Supremus
My sister works for Pepsi and managed to score their executive box at the Air Canada Center tomorrow night ... and has given it to me to fill with friends as a birthday gift. The thing is, I can't say I know much about The Killers. I don't have any of their albums and recognize only 3 of their songs ( which I do like ). So who's already seen them live? What are we in for?

Jan 23, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 5
listen to 'Read My Mind'.

btw i like Coke better,...no offense but Pepsi is sweet and not as strong.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 5
I've seen The Killers live before and they are pretty impressive. I really like their cover of Joy Division's song Shadowplay. Seeing that it's a gift, I'm sure you'll enjoy it even if they turn out only mediocre for you.

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My sister works for Pepsi and managed to score their executive box at the Air Canada Center tomorrow night ... and has given it to me to fill with friends as a birthday gift. The thing is, I can't say I know much about The Killers. I don't have any of their albums and recognize only 3 of their songs ( which I do like ). So who's already seen them live? What are we in for?

I would check out "Losing Touch" and "Joyride" off of Day and Age (their last album, which came out late last year).

Basically here is the run down with The Killers. Their first album was basically them trying to be Duran Duran and doing pretty well about 50% of the time. Their second album was basically them trying to be Bruce Springsteen and doing "Americana" style music...and doing ok around...60% of the time. This last record (Day and Age) is them trying to do U2 and succeeding about 90% of the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Highly derivative? Sure. They are tons of fun, though and they seem to be pretty decent life if you check out any performance vids on YouTube or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back