I've got a spare $1000, should I end the search for my perfect IEM
Jan 30, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Consider this thread... OFFICIALLY JACK'D!

Absolutely NOT
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I heard the universal fit JH13 at CanJam, I thought they had a bit too much bass impact and treble. More bass in fact than any full size phone or IEM I've ever heard. They sounded great though, best IEM I had ever heard. But I can't imagine more bass, and that's what you'd get from the JH16.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The jh-13s are pretty awesome, though, i havent heard any equivilantly expensive full sized cans. But i would stick with the 13's and not the 16's. they definitely dont need more bass thats for sure.

Sounds like the JH16 would be overkill/unnecessary in my case then. I'm really just debating between these and the UE-11s

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely NOT
biggrin.gif

Sounds like the JH16 would be overkill/unnecessary in my case then. I'm really just debating between these and the UE-11s

If you were thinking of getting UE-11's for the bass, i would then say get either the JH-11's or the JH-16's, though for the most neutral sound, its still best to get the jh13's

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #20 of 30
save up abit more and get da 2,100 usd universal iems from jap!

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #24 of 30
If I had an extra grand that I wanted to go Custom with, I would either get the JH-13's or Send in my IE-40 or TF-10 into unique melody and add a few more drivers per ear and see how much the sound has changed and if I am very happy with what I hear, I'll save up a few more hundred bucks and get the JH-13's. It does not cost much to turn the TF-10 into a custom, and if you are not excited everytime you listen to your remolded TF-10, the you have not lost much money, compared to losing a grand. But I have faith that you will not be dissapointed if you get the JH-13's. All the bass and treble you could ask for.

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #25 of 30
Do you people think that there is that much difference between a Custom TF10 and JH-13? I mean, I guess JH-13 is not 5 times better, but that's the price difference between them and a cutomized TF10 bought @ the 99$ sale.

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photofan1986 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you people think that there is that much difference between a Custom TF10 and JH-13? I mean, I guess JH-13 is not 5 times better, but that's the price difference between them and a cutomized TF10 bought @ the 99$ sale.

Thats a value proposition that each person has to figure out for themselves. The scale for sound quality to price is certainly exponential, but each person has to decide for themselves how important each increase is. The JH-13's are some of the best sounding headphones available, to include the likes of the ed8's, hd800's, O2's, and r10's...Dont know where the Qualia's fit in though
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I had an extra grand that I wanted to go Custom with, I would either get the JH-13's or Send in my IE-40 or TF-10 into unique melody and add a few more drivers per ear and see how much the sound has changed and if I am very happy with what I hear, I'll save up a few more hundred bucks and get the JH-13's. It does not cost much to turn the TF-10 into a custom, and if you are not excited everytime you listen to your remolded TF-10, the you have not lost much money, compared to losing a grand. But I have faith that you will not be dissapointed if you get the JH-13's. All the bass and treble you could ask for.

Quote:

Thats a value proposition that each person has to figure out for themselves. The scale for sound quality to price is certainly exponential, but each person has to decide for themselves how important each increase is. The JH-13's are some of the best sounding headphones available, to include the likes of the ed8's, hd800's, O2's, and r10's...Dont know where the Qualia's fit in though
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photofan1986 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a bad virus circulating around here: UPGRADITIS!! Mmmhhh...Hope I had never found this site
tongue.gif

I think Im going to go ahead and shell out the dough for the JH13s tomorrow, but do any of you guys know how I can mock up some custom artwork? I have some designs from photoshop but have no clue what they will look like on the molds. Is there any way to see before hand or talk to JH? ALso, how do people get two different color shells as I dont see that option on the ordering page? Sorry about all these Q's, but for $1000 these things better border on perfection
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Im going to go ahead and shell out the dough for the JH13s tomorrow, but do any of you guys know how I can mock up some custom artwork? I have some designs from photoshop but have no clue what they will look like on the molds. Is there any way to see before hand or talk to JH? ALso, how do people get two different color shells as I dont see that option on the ordering page? Sorry about all these Q's, but for $1000 these things better border on perfection
smily_headphones1.gif

for anything regarding art and multiple colors, just email Zac at JH Audio, he was a pleasure to work with
smily_headphones1.gif
emailed back and forth several times getting my artwork right, adn the shell color correct.

Congrats on your new earpieces
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

for anything regarding art and multiple colors, just email Zac at JH Audio, he was a pleasure to work with
smily_headphones1.gif
emailed back and forth several times getting my artwork right, adn the shell color correct.

Congrats on your new earpieces
biggrin.gif

Will do, thanks for your help Soup
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back