I've got a bad feeling about this: A "For Sale" trade going south
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #196 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Be it online or out in the actual world, a good reputation is hard to earn while a bad reputation is quite easy to get. A simple and completely false statement can ruin ones reputation, and in a situation like this where the party in question had an opportunity to step up and make things right, and didn't, you can kiss whatever good reputation you had goodbye, because at least around here, your not going to see it again. A few steps you could have taken to prevent this from happening,

Yes, you point out where Dave should possibly get a bad rep depending on how this works out. But why should I? I disagreed with blueyez, and several statements made throughout this thread, as well as the thread in general. That makes me a bad person? That makes me untradeable? That means I shouldn't be here on Head-Fi? Because I disagree? You sure are accepting of differences of opinion and new members...

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #197 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you point out where Dave should possibly get a bad rep depending on how this works out. But why should I? I disagreed with blueyez, and several statements made throughout this thread, as well as the thread in general. That makes me a bad person? That makes me untradeable? That means I shouldn't be here on Head-Fi? Because I disagree? You sure are accepting of differences of opinion and new members...

Even associating yourself with someone that has gained a bad rep can ruin yours, even if you had nothing to do with it. Remember the thing recently where some guy took a bath in a kfc sink? There were people who worked there and knew nothing of it that got fired, and probably had trouble finding a new job just because a co-worker did something stupid.

Yes, that means by simply taking up his side, you have gained a bad rep. Mainly because your supporting of his (dave's) argument gives the impression that you might act the same way that dave did if you were in the situation, even if you would do differently. Someone who has seen this thread would probably deal with you as soon as they would put themselves in mule's place right now.

Cruel would eh?

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #198 of 412
ItsRy, by defending Dave you are drawing a big picture for everyone to see, the picture is how you will handle yourself in a similar transaction. See what I mean? Either you condone his behaviour and are capable of the same things or you don't and you are not. You cant have it both ways.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #199 of 412
Quote:

Even associating yourself with someone that has gained a bad rep can ruin yours, even if you had nothing to do with it. Remember the thing recently where some guy took a bath in a kfc sink? There were people who worked there and knew nothing of it that got fired, and probably had trouble finding a new job just because a co-worker did something stupid.

Yes, that means by simply taking up his side, you have gained a bad rep. Mainly because your supporting of his (dave's) argument gives the impression that you might act the same way that dave did if you were in the situation, even if you would do differently. Someone who has seen this thread would probably deal with you as soon as they would put themselves in mule's place right now.

Cruel would eh?

So again it boils down to: Agree with us or the entire website will hate you. I'm not too concerned. Nothing that I have said in this thread is out of line, nor is it illogical. I never said that I would do what Dave did, but I find Mule's actions much more inexcusable, especially since it remains to be seen what exactly Dave is going to do. Mule received the phones yesterday afternoon, it's hardly out of the realm of possibility that Dave could return them. I'm not saying that Dave shouldn't return them, I'm simply saying that Mule isn't helping his case by acting like an immature brat in posting a whine thread in the public forum before giving Dave a reasonable amount of time to respond. As far as I can tell from this thread, Mule made this thread while the two of them were still in PMs/cell contact. To me, that's irresponsible. He screwed Dave's reputation before Dave had done anything beyond had a bit of a delay (at that point, four days: just one day over the "assumed" three-day time period). From that point on, Dave had every right to be hostile toward him because he'd been hostile toward Dave. Everyone in this thread has easily put themselves into Mule's shoes. Have any of you tried to put yourselves in Dave's?

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #200 of 412
Quote:

So again it boils down to: Agree with us or the entire website will hate you. I'm not too concerned. Nothing that I have said in this thread is out of line, nor is it illogical. I never said that I would do what Dave did, but I find Mule's actions much more inexcusable, especially since it remains to be seen what exactly Dave is going to do. Mule received the phones yesterday afternoon, it's hardly out of the realm of possibility that Dave could return them. I'm not saying that Dave shouldn't return them, I'm simply saying that Mule isn't helping his case by acting like an immature brat in posting a whine thread in the public forum before giving Dave a reasonable amount of time to respond. As far as I can tell from this thread, Mule made this thread while the two of them were still in PMs/cell contact. To me, that's irresponsible. He screwed Dave's reputation before Dave had done anything beyond had a bit of a delay (at that point, four days: just one day over the "assumed" three-day time period). From that point on, Dave had every right to be hostile toward him because he'd been hostile toward Dave. Everyone in this thread has easily put themselves into Mule's shoes. Have any of you tried to put yourselves in Dave's?

Replace "US" with "DAVE". Its human nature. I only read the first line of your post and had to stop there.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #201 of 412
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Replace "US" with "DAVE". Its human nature. I only read the first line of your post and had to stop there.

Yeah, TL;DR from me.

If someone is in the street being stoned, and you step in and try to prevent him from being stoned, will you not be hit by the stones as well?

EDIT: oh the last line caught my attention. If I had traded someone an item that they were unhappy with, I would trade them back, even if the circumstances were not in my favor. That being said I would do all in my power to prevent said situation from happening in the first place.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #202 of 412
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suggestion
So again it boils down to: Agree with DAVE or the entire website will hate you.

Apparently you didn't actually read even the first line. Read the above quote, which does what you suggested. "Agree with DAVE or the entire website will hate you." Are you illiterate or just dumb? I swear to God half of your posts don't make sense. I will do you the courtesy though of assuming that you meant "Agree with Dave and the entire website will hate you." Again, Dave hasn't done anything wrong here. He still has the ability to reverse the trade (let me reiterate that Mule just received the phones TODAY). He also fulfilled the original trade. He did not send non-working Shures. He did not send fake Shures. He did not send an empty box. He sent a pair of Shures which were in working condition, and were gently used. Mule is taking issue with cosmetic imperfections. The headphones are used. Used goods will more likely than not have cosmetic imperfections. If Mule was this concerned about cosmetic imperfections, he should have asked. Dave has, for the most part, responded in a levelheaded and clear fashion to you posters and to Mule, which is much more than I can say for the rest of you (with a few exceptions). Blue, you in particular have done nothing more than to feed the flames of this thread, which should have been locked the day it was started. This doesn't belong in the members forum, it belongs in PMs.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #203 of 412
Quote:

Apparently you didn't actually read even the first line. Read the above quote, which does what you suggested. "Agree with DAVE or the entire website will hate you." Are you illiterate or just dumb? I swear to God half of your posts don't make sense. I will do you the courtesy though of assuming that you meant "Agree with Dave and the entire website will hate you." Again, Dave hasn't done anything wrong here. He still has the ability to reverse the trade (let me reiterate that Mule just received the phones TODAY). He also fulfilled the original trade. He did not send non-working Shures. He did not send fake Shures. He did not send an empty box. He sent a pair of Shures which were in working condition, and were gently used. Mule is taking issue with cosmetic imperfections. The headphones are used. Used goods will more likely than not have cosmetic imperfections. If Mule was this concerned about cosmetic imperfections, he should have asked. Dave has, for the most part, responded in a levelheaded and clear fashion to you posters and to Mule, which is much more than I can say for the rest of you (with a few exceptions). Blue, you in particular have done nothing more than to feed the flames of this thread, which should have been locked the day it was started. This doesn't belong in the members forum, it belongs in PMs.

Sounds like a new addition to the [size=medium]olblueyez fan club![/size]

Clap clap clap.
beerchug.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #204 of 412
Here is a perfect example of how to get a bad reputation. I just happened upon this thread, and now I think that both dave and itsry are a couple of tools. I even venture a guess that they may be the same person!! Good luck to all involved. And yes, you should trade back the headphones. Unless you sold them already of course.

-Thank god for the ignore list.

-I also will be sending a friend request to ol blue eyes!!

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #205 of 412
Quote:

Yeah I made a Boo Boo, but everyone will still be willing to do business with me.

Funny how that works isn't it.

I think its Dave too. No one without a vested interest could be that dumb. Right?
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #206 of 412
Just to derail the thread for a second, OP's title says he had a bad feeling about this going south,

Well I'm sorry to inform you that we have now arrived at the southernmost point of chile. Nice prediction though.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #208 of 412
Quote:

Yeah I made a Boo Boo, but everyone will still be willing to do business with me.

Funny how that works isn't it.

I think its Dave too. No one without a vested interest could be that dumb. Right?
confused_face_2.gif

Actually, I'm not Dave. I'm not exactly going to post my phone number in the thread after seeing what you animals did with Dave's. Is there any reasonable way that you'd like me to prove that I'm not Dave?

Also, how am I being dumb? Because I disagree with you? Because you can hardly type/speak English and I'm sick of reading your semi-dumb posts? I wouldn't want to do business with you personally, for what it's worth, but I do have a minimum IQ threshold for people that I transact with (hint: I doubt you can count to it, even with all your fingers and toes).

Mule (and many of you) are acting like the headphones are in deplorable condition; practically falling apart. The headphones that I see in those pictures appear to be in fine condition, minus a few "bumps and bruises" that I wouldn't be surprised to find on any used headphone, much less request a trade reversal for. If the actual driver housing were coming apart, or the wire was frayed/copper was exposed, or there were large scratches even I could understand where Mule's coming from. If these cosmetic issues were as important as he's making them out to be, he would have asked prior to the trade. Dave never claimed that they were new or in pristine condition (and I'm sure Mule would have quoted the PM in here if he had). Since Mule didn't mention that the headphones are non-functional as well, I assume that they indeed do work. The cosmetic issues that he pointed out also won't even show while in use, so what's the big deal here?

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #209 of 412
Quote:

No new additions to the fan club. The people there are intelligent real people, I have no idea who ItsRy is.

It's obviously Ry.
tongue_smile.gif

EDIT:

Quote:

Actually, I'm not Dave. I'm not exactly going to post my phone number in the thread after seeing what you animals (Internet savages? No way!) did with Dave's. Is there any reasonable way that you'd like me to prove that I'm not Dave?

Only a genius would post there phone number online anyway. I don't really care who you are, but other people do.

Also, how am I being dumb? Because I disagree with you? Because you can hardly type/speak English and I'm sick of reading your semi-dumb posts? I wouldn't want to do business with you personally, for what it's worth, but I do have a minimum IQ threshold for people that I transact with (hint: I doubt you can count to it, even with all your fingers and toes).

And here come the personal attacks. Gotten tired of putting up a decent argument I see.

Mule (and many of you) are acting like the headphones are in deplorable condition; practically falling apart. The headphones that I see in those pictures appear to be in fine condition, minus a few "bumps and bruises" that I wouldn't be surprised to find on any used headphone, much less request a trade reversal for. If the actual driver housing were coming apart, or the wire was frayed/copper was exposed, or there were large scratches even I could understand where Mule's coming from. If these cosmetic issues were as important as he's making them out to be, he would have asked prior to the trade. Dave never claimed that they were new or in pristine condition (and I'm sure Mule would have quoted the PM in here if he had). Since Mule didn't mention that the headphones are non-functional as well, I assume that they indeed do work. The cosmetic issues that he pointed out also won't even show while in use, so what's the big deal here?

Ah that was quick. Good to see this back where it belongs. Anyway, the point is that for one reason or another, mule was not satisfied with the condition of the headphones. Go back to "Going out of your way to make things right" that I mentioned earlier.

Everyone loves a multi quoter.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #210 of 412
Quote:

Just to derail the thread for a second, OP's title says he had a bad feeling about this going south,

Well I'm sorry to inform you that we have now arrived at the southernmost point of chile. Nice prediction though.

You act like he never heard from Dave after sending off his headphones and never got the Shures. He has the Shures, he's just crying because they have a few spots on them. Seriously, could you make a larger hyperbole here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back