I've got a bad feeling about this: A "For Sale" trade going south
Jun 25, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #181 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dave, that is a reasonable argument. However, may I ask why you simply don't just trade the earphones back? No harm no foul, just be a cool person and say "no problem man, lets trade back and move on"

It would do a lot to restore your reputation here. By simply saying that you will not do this, your credibility is suspect.

I'm not sure how much of this entire thread you have actually read so I'll state my opinion here on the situation.

1. I was labeled as a scammer and a thief BEFORE the new time frame I'd given Mule had even expired. This, in and of itself, has already sullied my reputation when, at that point in time, I'd committed absolutely no wrong doing.

2. Now Mule is unhappy with the Shures he received. He has admitted never having asked the condition of these IEM's. I didn't think there was anything terribly wrong. Also, given that I'm not psychic, I couldn't possibly have foreseen that he would throw a hissy fit regarding cosmetic imperfections that, in no way, effect the functionality of the IEM's.

He never asked me regarding the condition of mine and I never asked regarding the condition of his. To be perfectly honest, cosmetic imperfections don't bother me on USED GOODS.

They are considered used because they are not NEW. Several posters have, intentionally or unintentionally, claimed that his Westone 3's are NEW which they aren't. Both IEM's involved in this trade were used.

3. Under what circumstances would I be inclined to bow before ANYTHING that is being demanded of me given the reception I received BEFORE my time frame ran out and then afterwards when Mule expressed dissatisfaction with the aesthetic appearance of the Shures?

I received god knows how many harassing IP Relay phone calls tonight while I was out and on the way home and then even after I got home. I've watched as people asked for my address which was subsequently followed by suggestions that they pay me a visit.

4. It's become quite clear that many of these people are adamantly entrenched in their opinion of me even though I haven't actually done anything WRONG.

Now I'll wait to see as more people pour forth to tell me I'm a liar, I'm a thief, I'm a scammer, so on and so forth.

Even beyond that, why has ItsRy been labeled as untrustworthy? Because he went against the grain of the general consensus in this thread? That's ABSOLUTELY UNFOUNDED AND LUDICROUS.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #182 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it is assumed that it should be shipped within three days. As a new member, I can state that I do not see that statement anywhere in the FS/FT forum after looking. How is a new member supposed to know this? ESP? Dave has also stated in this thread that he had difficulty getting the phones out, and maintained communication with Mule the whole time. Aside from that, Mule now has the headphones, so this is really a non-issue. Put it this way: when you order something from an online retailer and don't pay extra for fast shipping, do you flip out and e-rage about it on a forum when it doesn't get to you by the end of the week?

typically people who post in the FS/FT forum know how to use the postal service and no I wouldn't flip out if what I ordered didn't get to my house at the end of the week but I would flip out if it hadn't already been shipped. Also you can defend him all you want but think about it, if mule isn't happy dave should trade back. Not trading back shows that he doesn't give a crap about his reputation and the idea that everybody should be happy when a transaction is finished. I have no intention of getting myself pulled too far into this as it isn't my trade but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was in mules position.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #183 of 412
Wow, I go play TF2 for a moment and this thread turn evil...er.
tongue.gif

Right now the only things that need to come into play are morals and empathy. I kept telling Dave over the phone that this can all be resolved by reversing the trade. But he keeps his stand of "No, you've ruined me and my reputation too much to go back," and that because the SE530 are up to spec according to him, then that's what I'm stuck with.

I'm curious as to see what kind of business Dave is planning to start at this rate.

And ItsRy, that's a lame comparison. You paid for the extra shipping, so why would it take more than a week to get to you anyway? Even the cheapest USPS shipping option goes from the ends of the US of A within three days.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #184 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is some childish s**t going on this is between mule and dave. All of the other ones doing this crap to him, You might be playing with fire. This is borderline harrasement, and if some one shows up to his house I hope they are arrested.

One last thing anyone leaving threats should be banned from Head-fi. This forum is getting all kinds of air time and is some publications, someone not a member could see this and get a real bad taste.

Lets grow up.

There is only one threat, not being able to do buisness with other people here because of what happened to the Mule.

Dave, you ruined your reputation, no one but you.

They are on my list, I am out! Goodnight ladies and Gentlemen, adios ItsFy and Dave.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #185 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYDave would get away with the trade "in court", but he is still a ******. An honest person would describe the these imperfections before the trade took place and ship the headphones when he promised to.

Blame TheMule for trusting FYDave too much.

Exactly.

It seemed Mule did not confront FYDave about the condition of the IEM before they were sent out. Oh well, I guess we all learn something new everyday.

-1 point.

Another part of me is wondering why FYDave is evading the issue on sending the Westone 3 back.

And again, that is what feedback is for. If Dave doesn't want to send them back, leave some impressions in his feedback thread and move on.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #186 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I go play TF2 for a moment and this thread turn evil...er.
tongue.gif

Right now the only things that need to come into play are morals and empathy. I kept telling Dave over the phone that this can all be resolved by reversing the trade. But he keeps his stand of "No, you've ruined me and my reputation too much to go back," and that because the SE530 are up to spec according to him, then that's what I'm stuck with.

I'm curious as to see what kind of business Dave is planning to start at this rate.

And ItsRy, that's a lame comparison. You paid for the extra shipping, so why would it take more than a week to get to you anyway? Even the cheapest USPS shipping option goes from the ends of the US of A within three days.

I'm starting to think he refuses to trade back because he knows he won't be able to trade them again

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #187 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly.

It seemed Mule did not confront FYDave about the condition of the IEM before they were sent out. Oh well, I guess we all learn something new everyday.

-1 point.

Another part of me is wondering why FYDave is evading the issue on sending the Westone 3 back.

And again, that is what feedback is for. If Dave doesn't want to send them back, leave some impressions in his feedback thread and move on.

Well said.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #188 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is only one threat, not being able to do buisness with other people here because of what happened to the Mule.

Only one threat. You mean aside from "I'm 6'4" 275 lbs - should I go over to his house?" which has been posted multiple times? Have you read the thread? He's also apparently gotten several harassing IP relay calls. Sorry though, didn't mean to let the facts get in the way of your argument; go on.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #189 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly.

-1 point.

I'm not evading the issue. I told Mule along with the single IP Relay call that didn't immediately come off as hostile or harassing that if I wanted the Westone 3's, and I traded for them, what on God's green earth would compel me to trade back especially given the hostile and even sometimes threatening reaction I've received from just about EVERYONE who bothered posting in this thread even before my new time frame to Mule had expired?

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #190 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm starting to think he refuses to trade back because he knows he won't be able to trade them again

Or because Mule's been a complete dick to him and has in no way made Dave want to go out of his way to reverse a trade that could have been avoided in the first place had Mule been "not stupid" enough to actually ask about the condition of USED HEADPHONES before agreeing to the trade. Mule screwed up and should be ASKING that Dave do him a FAVOR and reverse the trade.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #191 of 412
Quote:

Or because Mule's been a complete dick to him and has in no way made Dave want to go out of his way to reverse a trade that could have been avoided in the first place had Mule been "not stupid" enough to actually ask about the condition of USED HEADPHONES before agreeing to the trade. Mule screwed up and should be ASKING that Dave do him a FAVOR and reverse the trade.

honestly as far as I can see a trade back isn't really a favor, more of what is expected around here in a situation like this. Sure Mule jumped the gun a bit but lets think about this, he sounded like a scammer with all of his excuses when this started out. He also had no feedback so I can see why mule got concerned quicker then he probably would had he been dealing with a member who is well known.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #192 of 412
Quote:

Only one threat. You mean aside from "I'm 6'4" 275 lbs - should I go over to his house?" which has been posted multiple times? Have you read the thread? He's also apparently gotten several harassing IP relay calls. Sorry though, didn't mean to let the facts get in the way of your argument; go on.

DAVE POSTED HIS NUMBER AND LET ME KNOW WHEN SOMEONE SHOWS UP ON HIS DOORSTEP.

Sorry though, didn't mean to let the facts get in the way of your argument; go on.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #194 of 412
Quote:

Wait, do you mean ip relay? DID YOU IP RELAY HIS PHONE? Wow - understand that that is harassment and if you continue to do so, you put yourself in serious legal risk.

I'd post the I'm behind seven proxies picture but I don't need to. Some of us are smart enough to not make any threats.
tongue_smile.gif

(Although I have a feeling that some other people might not have been as smart)

Quote:

Yes, it is assumed that it should be shipped within three days. As a new member, I can state that I do not see that statement anywhere in the FS/FT forum after looking. How is a new member supposed to know this? ESP? Dave has also stated in this thread that he had difficulty getting the phones out, and maintained communication with Mule the whole time. Aside from that, Mule now has the headphones, so this is really a non-issue. Put it this way: when you order something from an online retailer and don't pay extra for fast shipping, do you flip out and e-rage about it on a forum when it doesn't get to you by the end of the week?

Well if you are going to sell/trade something online and don't want to get bad feedback, you either ship it promptly or inform the other party way way ahead of time that it is going to take a while, as well as give updates. If you wanna say he shouldn't have to give updates, then he should have gotten it shipped quicker so that he wouldn't have to give them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is some childish s**t going on this is between mule and dave. All of the other ones doing this crap to him, You might be playing with fire. This is borderline harrasement, and if some one shows up to his house I hope they are arrested.

One last thing anyone leaving threats should be banned from Head-fi. This forum is getting all kinds of air time and is some publications, someone not a member could see this and get a real bad taste.

Lets grow up.

Welcome to the internet, pal.

Quote:

Are you a fascist dictator? I disagree with you, so my reputation is "ruined"? Are you kidding? Here I was, assuming that Head-Fi was a website of level-headed and reasonable people who care about sound quality and general audiophillic concerns. Apparently it's just a bunch of bitchy little girls who can't stand losing an argument.

I disagree with you now. Deal with it.

Audiophiles will argue over something as small as weather cables can change the sound quality of headphones. When something big comes along, it doesn't end well. Also, see above comment.

Be it online or out in the actual world, a good reputation is hard to earn while a bad reputation is quite easy to get. A simple and completely false statement can ruin ones reputation, and in a situation like this where the party in question had an opportunity to step up and make things right, and didn't, you can kiss whatever good reputation you had goodbye, because at least around here, your not going to see it again. A few steps you could have taken to prevent this from happening,

-Instead of not listing the condition, make a darn good note of it. If there is anything at all that keeps something from being perfect condition, make note of it. It might mean you don't get as much as you wanted, but it also ensures something along the lines of this (Unhappy recipient) doesn't happen.
-Go out of your way to make things right, that's how you earn a good reputation and it might also get you some added bonuses later on.
wink.gif

-Don't post your phone number, it's stupid.
tongue.gif

Now I believe I have a few people to add to my ignore list, but I might watch them for a few more days just for fun. As for now, I feel like some zees. (While I was writing this the thread fired back up, I might stay longer)

And I might send blue eyes a friend request as well.
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Quote:

I'm not evading the issue. I told Mule along with the single IP Relay call that didn't immediately come off as hostile or harassing that if I wanted the Westone 3's, and I traded for them, what on God's green earth would compel me to trade back especially given the hostile and even sometimes threatening reaction I've received from just about EVERYONE who bothered posting in this thread even before my new time frame to Mule had expired?

You forgot a few where people were having trouble with the service.....

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #195 of 412
Let me explain something so you two guys can get a clue. The only thing you get out of this community is what you put in. Dave's way of doing things gets you nothing. No help with a question, no swapping cans so you can try out a pair your not sure about. You wont have someone offer to send you a free tube they are not using. You will get nothing out of all this crap. The position that Dave is right is not defensible and still maintain everyones trust. No way, no how. That is simply the way things are.

Are you reading the posts from Madmax7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back