I've been Wooed...
Sep 17, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you will need the V caps and Black Gates and then you will hear some real changes.

"need"... I hate that word.
smily_headphones1.gif

I emailed Woo Audio to see how long and how much.

GAD

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #32 of 34
Sitting here listening to DVD-As to ensure the ones I'm selling are pefect, and the Woo is making me wish I didn't sell them!
smily_headphones1.gif

A/B-ing between the Woo6 and my GS1 make me believe that the V-Cap mods would push this amp past the GS1. Right now I'd say it's close. Of course now I'm wanting a nice expensive super-tube rectifier. Watch as a $670 amp becomes a $2000 amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

GAD

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #33 of 34
Jack Wu is a class act, and his amplifiers are stunning. Their build quality and performance far outweigh their price, relative to many other comparable amps.

I recently just spent mad dolla dollas to have my WA4 maxed out with V-Caps and Blackgates (way more caps up change than in WA6), and sound has truly been pushed through the roof. I'm still trying to get my head around it before I write a review.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I recently just spent mad dolla dollas to have my WA4 maxed out with V-Caps and Blackgates (way more caps up change than in WA6), and sound has truly been pushed through the roof. I'm still trying to get my head around it before I write a review.

looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back