I've been dizzy for days...
Mar 7, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went to the doctors today (good thing they could squeeze me in). I have an inner ear infection (labyrinthitis) and a minor sinus infection. I'm on amoxicillin and a sea-sickness/scopolamine patch (meclizine doesn't do anything for me).

Hoping that this will clear it up in a couple of days.

I tend to get pretty depressed when I'm sick.

Nylan

Scopolamine, right?

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed.

Enjoy the trip!

Mar 11, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #21 of 23
The patch is not working. Sometimes I am completely devoid of dizziness. Then, I'll get up, be more active, and it returns.

My wife is getting kind of upset. I'm calling the doctors office again tomorrow.

Oh, and I hate having my vision blur so much I can't read and that I am kind of sleepy all day...stupid side-effects.

Nylan

EDIT: I'm going to try those exercises.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #22 of 23
Could it be stress? I felt exactly like that when I started grad school, constant dizziness, blurred and even whited out vision, migraines, etc...

I've been dizzy the last few days, but I think it's just from inhaling some soldering fumes from all the projects
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could it be stress?

That's what my hunch has been all along.

This is just an opinion, but I think that the doctor is being irresponsible if he/she hasn't even bothered to inquire about possible psychological causes during the patient interviews. The prescription of antibiotics and anti-vertigo medication is an easy first step to take. Such doctors will often follow up by ordering a battery of tests (such as EKG, glucose tolerance, Holter monitor, etc.) and waiting until every conceivable disorder is ruled out before finally "giving up" and either experimenting with anxiolytics or referring the patient to a psychiatrist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back