IUMA hunting (independent underground music archive)
Nov 26, 2002 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

neil

500+ Head-Fier
Well, I decided to do a little IUMA (underground music archive) hunting. You know, find some unsigned artists and listen to their stuff. Problem is, it's tough when you just playing point-and-click Russian roulette -- especially when you get hit with a couple .44 mag bullets like this guy:

sm-164122.jpg

Mississippi Dave Bonzai. One might wonder why he hasn't been signed yet, but he manages to be one of the top downloaded artists over in the Hip Hop / Rap section with songs like: Snoop Doggy Dogg. Well, it's not really rap, or hip hop. It's kind of about hip hop, but the album is not either. It's All About is a track that, well, what life's about according to Dave Bonzai. An acoustic guitar, a dude, and too much time. This track would be more categorized as blues, from the perspective of a guy from Jersey who says it's all about pu*** and drinking beer.

Okay, so this was a huge miss. Does anyone else do independent music artist hunting online? If so, share. If not head over to the IUMA and play some Russian roulette. Hopefully, you don't end up with a gaping hole in your head like me.

Nov 27, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 3
I am not much into the independent artist search. I have bought some from CD Baby. But I found this while reporting a corrupt cd.
I didn't look around, but here it is in case you haven't been to Fat Chucks

BTW- I love your analogy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back