iTunes Web Remote Server for Windows
May 12, 2016 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rem0o

500+ Head-Fier
Hello!

I just developped a little Windows iTunes Remote server for my father. Basically, it does all the basics that the Remote app does on the App Store, except it's a web application and you don't need Windows's horrible "Bonjour" service to detect your library. Being web based, you can use the remote on anything with a browser. Backend is in Python and the frontend is all HTML/Javascript. Here's a screenshot of what it currently looks like:

Here are the requirements:
-A local network (duh)
-Windows
-iTunes (with automatic library management enabled)
-Python 3.5

To use it, you basically fire the Python App on the Windows computer hosting the iTunes library, select your iTunes.exe path, and library root folder. iTunes will launch if it's not opened already and then you can use "your.local.ip.address:5000" as the URL to access the web app on your local network.

I just wanna know if there's enough interest here for me to release it for wider use. Remember, it's basically a weekend project to replace my father's remote app, nothing too fancy yet. It doesn't even have a repeat function since my father has no use for it. Since it's all in Python, anyone can see all the code and adapt it to whatever they want, even an other media player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back